V8 S5 Buying help...

KristoffV6

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I currently drive a 3.2 V6 A4 Cab and I'm looking to upgrade to a v8 engined S5. Loved them since the day they came out and I'm finally in a position to buy one.

I've decided I want a white car with the auto box, but other than that I'm a bit clueless when it come to which options are must haves/nice to haves?

Prices seem to vary between £15k and £25k for these cars and I don't feel that I'm currently able to really assess a cars value when I look at it as I'm not sure what options I should be looking for.

Could any S5 owners help me out? What options do I need to make sure the car I buy has?

No S5 V8 owners on here? lol

I'm really struggling with options. None of the dealers I speak to who have cars on their forecourts seem to have a clue.

I'm fairly sure that I need a sport diff and Audi Drive Select, But some cars I've seem claim to have one but not the other. Hows that possible? And one dealer told me you can't get ADS on the V8 S5. Well I've seen cars with the buttons on the dash so fairly sure you can?

In the past I've bought cars and then regretted down the the line the fact that it's missing this or that option. Not gonna happen this time, I'm going to buy the right car, but trying to make sense of the options list is proving very difficult. If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be most grateful.