1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 bound, hopefully

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MartayMcFly, Nov 9, 2012.

1. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Nov 22, 2012]
    So far, Tubi is top of the list. Not going for the full decat and Milltek centre like the one in MRC's most recent video though... maybe too loud (a horrible thing to say, but I don't want to wake half the town every time I start the thing).
  2. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Nov 22, 2012]
    I know what you mean....mine has just a centre box now,and is pretty antisocial at best.
  3. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

[Nov 23, 2012]
    You not finding the acceleration a bit ... flat being NA? It looks beautiful, if I had the cash i'd doing the same, but heard the speed isn't all that.
  4. c_w

c_w Active Member

[Nov 23, 2012]
    I think the wheel colour is spot-on. Go darker and it starts to look shady IMO. You may end up with something looking like this;

[​IMG]

Personally I would put the standard RS4 grill on it and leave the rest factory, looks classier and still aggressive.
  5. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Nov 23, 2012]
    It is flat, but it's because the bottom end is much stronger not because the top is wanting. You don't get the surge you get with a turbo but it's certainly not lacking in speed. It's much more capable, and so the speed does seem to feel a little bit less impressive but I think that makes it more impressive really; it's effortless. I keep getting caught out thinking I should change up soon and then realising I'm just hitting 5000rpm which is when the RS just gets going.

As for the wheels, I don't mean black. I don't like black wheels, especially on a black car. My speedlines worked because the rims were polished so it broke it up a bit. The picture is a bit misleading because the wheels are dirty so they look darker. I've seen some US cars with Titanium pack wheels (almost the paint colour) which I'm not 100% on, so if they do go darker it'll be to a BBS titanium finish or maybe even lighter. Not black.
  6. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Nov 23, 2012]
    Thats it....very different delivery,and different characteristics,but you will notice the effect of the extra weight....supercharger....!
    RedDejavu likes this.
  7. AndyParker

AndyParker Active Member

[Nov 24, 2012]
    Looking good Mart - lets see some more pics :)
  8. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

[Nov 24, 2012]
    Nice, looks well.
    Wouldnt change anything about the exterior though.
    Would spoil it IMHO.