V6 TDi injector seals

dan1

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know the part number for the rubber seals that are on the rocker cover that seal in the injectors on a V6 TDi engine code AYM?

I have one with a leak and it needs replacing.. annoying as it means remving the rocker cover.. the fuel lines to three of the injectors... might as well do all three whilst I'm there..

Thanks in advance..

Hi

First post!

Found this on the search and going to resurrect it. Need the seals myself as I,m doing the rocker gaskets and the seals seem to br weeping oil as well. Have just enquired at main dealers who say the seal isn't listed. Checked on vagcat and they don't list a part number either.
Do these seals actually need replacing as i have a copper washer and O ring kit from audi for the injectors. Does the O ring seal against the rocker cover?

Cheers

Wiz

The rocker cover seal is integral to the rocker cover so only if you buy new is available. The rubber seal( i believe its green in colour) is to be fitted round the injector body also they should give you copper seals for injectors. Never had injector seals leaking and if its oily round the injector body i think its a blocked breather. I would also replace the leak-off pipes.

Thanks for the quick reply and info adamss24, what are the leak - off pipes?

Have read the thead about replacing the oil breather filter and was thinking about doing that while the injector fuel pipes are off. More expense, worthwile if it keeps the drive way free of oil though.

Remove the oil filler cap with the engine running and if it makes a hissing noise, then the breather is blocked. You might wanna buy new rocker cover gaskets/seals from dealer and have these instaled while at it. Dont use any silicone sealant just smear petroleum jelly on the new gaskets and make shure the matting faces are really clean. You might need to tow the car to get it running again...

The seals are not available unless you replace the whole rocker cover.
I got the local garage to do the job - worried about the fuel bleed thing.
They ended up sealing round the injectors with some sort of black sealant.
Fitted new leak off pipes which then split twice over Christmas, needing a replacement and computer plug in to restart.
Apparently a bad batch of pipe from the suppliers.