Reaction score
Hi all
my v6 tdi avant Quattro Tiptronic is down on power
its had full top end build with cams and new valves x9
A remap decat and it only makes 167 Bhp and 280 lbs ft torque
does anyone know what this could be
also there is a nasty vibration from the transmission at 1600rpm at 30 in 3rd
40 in 4th and 50 in 5th feels like a propsshaft bearing or seized uj
just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this too if so what the hell is it
cheers
dan

Wouldnt it rumble from source if it was and vary more with road speed than revs?How many miles and has the ATF been changed?Did mine at 110k and I am sure its better for it

If it's a quattro it does not have a dual mass flywheel but a torque converter instead... The prop bearing it's known to go on high mileage motors.

If it's a quattro it does not have a dual mass flywheel but a torque converter instead... The prop bearing it's known to go on high mileage motors. I would take the rocker covers off and check for missing lifters/dropped rocker arms, they do fail after rebuild as the engine does not have enough pressure when cranking.

Thanks guys I've been ****ting myself for a while as I haven't been able to get it on a ramp to have a look
and it's comforting to know maybe it's only a centre bearing
its done 175,000 now I have done about 18-20k I spoke to the fella who remapped it today he said bring it down put back to standard and then get it back on the rollers and see what we have then
its a 180 sport so thought it would be about that at least do you recon maybe a rocker arm has come off I hope not but if so then that's what I'll sort also do you know any way of sealing the ****** injector holes in the rocker covers as mines leaking like a whore with a runny nose I just want it right otherwise I'm gonna chop it in on a 170 b7 tdi avant or a2.0 tfsi Quattro I would like it fixed though I love the sound of it and the pull when you need it also the mpg at 100+ mph
anyway thakns again all you guys I may be able to sleep tonight haha