1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 tdi down on power and vibration

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Yappy, May 30, 2012.

1. Yappy

Yappy A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

Hi all
    my v6 tdi avant Quattro Tiptronic is down on power
    its had full top end build with cams and new valves x9
    A remap decat and it only makes 167 Bhp and 280 lbs ft torque
    does anyone know what this could be
    also there is a nasty vibration from the transmission at 1600rpm at 30 in 3rd
    40 in 4th and 50 in 5th feels like a propsshaft bearing or seized uj
    just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this too if so what the hell is it
    cheers
    dan
  2. ADC74

ADC74 Master Baker

Possible issues with the DMF ?
  3. Mike B

Mike B Member

Wouldnt it rumble from source if it was and vary more with road speed than revs?How many miles and has the ATF been changed?Did mine at 110k and I am sure its better for it
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

If it's a quattro it does not have a dual mass flywheel but a torque converter instead... The prop bearing it's known to go on high mileage motors.
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

If it's a quattro it does not have a dual mass flywheel but a torque converter instead... The prop bearing it's known to go on high mileage motors. I would take the rocker covers off and check for missing lifters/dropped rocker arms, they do fail after rebuild as the engine does not have enough pressure when cranking.
  6. Yappy

Yappy A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

Thanks guys I've been ****ting myself for a while as I haven't been able to get it on a ramp to have a look
    and it's comforting to know maybe it's only a centre bearing
    its done 175,000 now I have done about 18-20k I spoke to the fella who remapped it today he said bring it down put back to standard and then get it back on the rollers and see what we have then
    its a 180 sport so thought it would be about that at least do you recon maybe a rocker arm has come off I hope not but if so then that's what I'll sort also do you know any way of sealing the bloody injector holes in the rocker covers as mines leaking like a whore with a runny nose I just want it right otherwise I'm gonna chop it in on a 170 b7 tdi avant or a2.0 tfsi Quattro I would like it fixed though I love the sound of it and the pull when you need it also the mpg at 100+ mph
    anyway thakns again all you guys I may be able to sleep tonight haha