V6 TDi A3 ?

I

imported_yansgti

afternoon campers,

anyone know if there is likely to be a V6 TDi in the a3?

just a thought.
bah.

NO news as such....

However there are plans for 2.00 TDI engine with around 167 BHP (170PSI) stock, but there are no release dates as such. It will be the same engine used in the new golf gti diesel. Which is/was meant to be released this summer.

Also the new bora, it is to have a 2.5 TDI engine for the American market, figure that the bora is a golf with a boot, and a golf is an A3. Well maybe too many engine configurations for over here though.

Yeah, there was rumours before the new A3 came out that it would have a 2.5 ltr V5 TDI ( half the 5.0 V10 TDI in tuaureg ) with around 175 bhp. But this is very unlikely seeing as they can easily get this from a mildly tuned 2.0 ltr.

Plus it would be even heavier up front, creating more understeer.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, there was rumours before the new A3 came out that it would have a 2.5 ltr V5 TDI ( half the 5.0 V10 TDI in tuaureg )

[/ QUOTE ]

No, thats a straight five as used in the vans not a V5...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, there was rumours before the new A3 came out that it would have a 2.5 ltr V5 TDI ( half the 5.0 V10 TDI in tuaureg )

[/ QUOTE ]

No, thats a straight five as used in the vans not a V5...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a straight five that's in the van and what's going in the bora stateside, but the rumour I heard a couple of years ago was there was to be a V5.

[ QUOTE ]

It's a straight five that's in the van and what's going in the bora stateside, but the rumour I heard a couple of years ago was there was to be a V5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you seriously think they'd develop 2 different 5 cylinder diesel engines of the same size to go in the same floorpan? Manufacturing these days is all about economies of scale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif Rumours are just that, rumours...