v6 camshaft replacement

Thanks Adam. MOT with no problems and Christmas is out of the way so back to the dilemma of fix it or sellit for parts.

I have asked around a few garages and no one is interested in replacing the cams for me if I supply them! Only esimate so far is £1000 plus vat parts and £400 plus Vat labour. I am in West Cornwall so if anybody knows anyone that would take this on please let me know. It drives ok but is down on power. The auto gearbox is also very reluctant to change up on any incline and can sit in 2nd at 3500 rpm unless I go to manual to change. I am guessing this is because it on down on torque but if there is also a potential problem with the gearbox please let me know! Cheers.
Bring it to me and i'll do them for you much cheaper than the garage quoted you ! I will use a full Kolbenshmidt camshaft kit, genuine lifters/rockers and trust pads and 2x Victor Reinz camshaft seals. Drop me a pm if you need more info ! Here's one i just finished for a forum member :
DSCF5186.jpg

DSCF5185.jpg

DSCF5184.jpg

DSCF5200.jpg

DSCF5198.jpg

DSCF5197.jpg

DSCF5196.jpg

DSCF5195.jpg

DSCF5194.jpg

DSCF5193.jpg

DSCF5192.jpg

DSCF5191.jpg

DSCF5190.jpg

DSCF5189.jpg

hi mal the box issue could be just due to the oil needing changed. at about £150 per change it may have never been done and is like tar inside. if you have no knocking when jurking the accelerator or no prdns flashing on the dash the box seems good just needs a service. i had mine done about a year ago, i had no symptoms but the car had a replacement box that was on 47k so was serviced to prevent a 3 box being needed!

**on your cam issue**

a good mechanic will fit any parts you supply so if they wont dont go near them.
also ask for your old parts back to be sure they have been fitted!
below is the list I got from autosmotorcraft in Germany contact Michael Laski he is very good to deal with, anything you dont want he'll adjust the price but you'd want another thermostat in anyway and normal service parts. (he did not supply oil or antifreeze to me at the time but he may do now) if the belts only have 3k then not so bad..but what about the rollers ect where they replaced at that time also? if not i'd be inclined to do the whole lot and drive the car for another 100k without worry. cost £1200 last year for parts. then I had oil 6ltrs 5w-30 (£70-80) and G12 antifreze 5-6 ltrs(about £25-30) and labour ontop of that. so its really up to you if you want a big expense. if you love the car and trust the mechanic go for it!

Camshafts kit includes:
- 4x camshafts by KOLBENSCHMIDT
- 24x hydraulic lifters by INA
- 24x rocker arms by INA
- 24x thrust pads by CAMSHAFT
- 2x oil gaskets (simmerings/oil seals)

Timing belts kit includes: is this timning belt and fuel pump belt?

- 2x timing belts by CONTITECH
- 2x tension pulleys by RUVILLE
- 1x lead pulley by RUVILLE (should this be 2 lead pulleys?)
- 1x vibrations damper by RUVILLE
- 1x tensioner by RUVILLE
- 1x water pump by RUVILLE

Multirib belts kit includes: do i need this if i buy timing belt kit above?

- 2x multirib belts by CONTITECH
- 2x tenstion pulleys by RUVILLE
- 2x lead pulleys by RUVILLE

Additional elements:
- 1x thermostat by WAHLER
- 1x oil separator by VAG
- 1x air filter by BOSCH
- 1x oil filter by BOSCH
- 2x valve cover gaskets (rocker cover gaskets)

sorry chris i just posted and then seen all your pics appear ! must been some delay on them downloading so was unaware you had offered your services ! yes mal get the parts and go to chris if you can then you'll have no worries after !