V6 BiTurbo Engine Conversion

s3jon92

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone help me with exactly what parts I would need to get the Audi V6 Biturbo engine running in kit car?
I imagine Ill be needing the ECU, Ignition Barrel/ Key and clocks? are there any tricks for bypassing the immobiliser/ transponder etc?

Also does the traction control have its own separate module or is it part of the engine ECU? I intend to weld the centre diff of the quattro gearbox and run the car RWD, without ABS or traction control, I'm hoping that this will just be a case of not connecting the unwanted control modules.

Many thanks,
Jon

To which car?

A Mk1 Vw Caddy...Call me crazy!

Its a complete project from the ground up. Basically I want to make it Rwd but keep it in the VW/ Audi Family. Only real concern is all the electrical gremlins involved. Am I right in saying the S4 is run on Canbus aswell?

S4 isn't can-bus as thats only 2004 cars onwards.

ESP unit is separate.

Personally its going to need a lot of the stuff to be custom made like pipework, exhaust, driveshafts i could go on, welding the centre diff will turn the gearbox shaft flanges and make it FWD and disable the prop flange.

Weres the engine being mounted in the front i presume ?

Do you have the S4 to do the swap ??

You can disable the immo pretty easily, at which point it'll run with the ECU alone.

The ECU shouldnt care about missing ABS etc.

Pre-facelift S4's didn't have traction control either, so possibly easier to work with.

Great! Thanks for your replies. Doesn't sound as bad as I thought then. So all that's needed to start the engine is ecu, key, ignition barrel and clocks? I assume the clocks and ecu are connected in someway?
Not sure about disabling the prop flange. I was under the impression from this build http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/200627-vabrics-audi-s4-rwd.html and others that by welding the centre diff and removing the front driveshafts the quattro box can be made rwd?

Great! Thanks for your replies. Doesn't sound as bad as I thought then. So all that's needed to start the engine is ecu, key, ignition barrel and clocks? I assume the clocks and ecu are connected in someway?
Not sure about disabling the prop flange. I was under the impression from this build http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/200627-vabrics-audi-s4-rwd.html and others that by welding the centre diff and removing the front driveshafts the quattro box can be made rwd?

Thats one way to do it !!

Needed a billet rear diff mount by the looks of it :eagerness:

What i dont get is why weld the cv joints with no bearings or inner spline bit ??

But why would you weld it in place with no bearings as then the centre insert would flap around as you couldnt reinstall all the bearings unless he welded all of it in place on the shaft, i just see it being pointless or am i missing something, also cornering would be an issue due to the rear diff being welded would it not ?

Is that not the front CV-Joints? He left them bolted to the hub when removed drive-shafts for ABS ring etc. I guess.

I suspect he just didnt realise it comes out. you need to align it just right, and it will pop out.

The front CV joints need to be refitted to hold the front wheel bearings together, so hes removed the shaft and the centres out of the CV and refitted the CV on its own.

I get it now (blonde moment) i for some reason presumed they were the rears lol

It all makes sense :tocktock: