1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 Alternator dismantling help!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_kenloen, May 9, 2006.

1. imported_kenloen

imported_kenloen Guest

my 2.6Q is giving me trouble. the battery light comes on when driving and the volt meter shows just under 12v when this happens. When i start the car in the morning though its all ok and shows 14v. It only happens after around 5 mins (car mainly gets used for short journeys).

so i want to check the alternator connections make sure all are strong connections and clean. But how do i get the thing off the car.. please dont tell me i gotta strip the whole from end off, but i cannot see an easy way of getting to the bolts otherwise .. i assume the 2.6 is the same as the 2.8 layout wise ..

can anyone help?
  2. imported_kenloen

imported_kenloen Guest

can i hear a yes Jase. i found out meself.

well the front bumper comes off pretty easy 2 main screws (upwards from behind the grill pastics), and from there the slam panel drops forward enough (8 bolts, 6 screws), and then you got access to all the necesary bolts.

nice weather were having...
  3. imported_kenloen

imported_kenloen Guest