v.quick fmic question

mike.c1979

Reaction score
Hi

I've found a front mount intercooler in my price range eventually.

The intercooler is 2" (i assume thats how thick it is)according to the advert. Will this be of for my AUM that will eventually be around 250bhp?

Cheers

should be fine mate ive just been looking into intercoolers 600x300x76 seems to be the norm look in the how 2 bit as i didnt and got told off :no:

Its this one:

7E75F3F6-E15E-476A-997E-031466D6E94A-641-0000010B6EF4FE2A_zps23a4319f.jpg

And the pipework:

B3093F6F-32B2-4F58-9DA7-CB75008A7D8E-641-0000010B3E939A15_zpsd19f28a7.jpg

The advert only says Golf GTi 1.8t FMIC 2"

But it is brand new and a verryyyyy good price

Cracking, cheers for the help. Looks a decent bit of kit for less than £100, just wanted to make sure it would be ok.

Is there any way you can get them to fir without losing the grills and foglights?

Is it right that the "budget FMIC kits" dont come with a take off for the DV and the N75?

Have you checked out the big intercooler thread? I know the thread is a bit of a mess now but if you look through there is a lot of good info. That small cooler should fit fine without any problems with fogs and grill if it has 51mm pipework too.

Do you have the link to the thread mate? I have used the search function.

Ive just emailed the seller to see if he can take pics of the pipework as some of the "budget" kits dont come with a take off for the N75 and DV.

Hmmmmmm

No point fitting a wellycooler on a K03s, especially when you will need meth to get anywhere near 250 anyway.

Best bet is to use that smaller kit to keep the pressure drop minimal.

You'll need a Forge MAP sensor pipe, and to make a take off with chemical metal.

Look at the FAQ in the top of the 8L forum, Prawn has a guide for fitting these which will answer ANY questions you have.

Have you got the link for it 16Klappe? I am looking for it but cant find it.

Cheers

Struggling to find anything about the DV and N75 connections

Im in the thread now 16Klappe, Im searching to find info on what to do for the N75 and DV if the FMIC pipework doesnt have it.

Im also thinking of a massive SMIC instead hahaha

So, here's what we started with, a stupidly low mileage (36k) AUM 1.8T,
with a custard code phase 1, forge cold side kit, and a carbonio induction kit

dsc00726qw.jpg

We then started to offer up the cold side pipework, this is the larger 60mm pipe in the kit.

dsc00728o.jpg

dsc00731hz.jpg

The only bit I forgot to get pics of is the new N75 take off. all we did for this, was drill an 8mm hole in a suitable location, on the first pipe off the turbo, and then screw in an 8mmb rass hose take off. being so thin, we wern't confident the pipework thread alone would make a boost tight seal, so we used chemical metal on the threads, and then built up around the join to seal it up totally. This has worked faultlessly on my car for 2 years now, so it's more than good enough.

:thumbsup:

I used a metal tyre valve with the valve core an rubber seal removed drilled a hole bolted it in then chemical metalled it in been fine for 2 years just put it in the first metal pipe after the turbo as for the DV you can always get a t piece