V-power price

Andyh1873

Reaction score
Seems to be another way of shafting is. V-power unleaded was normally 8p per litre more expensive than normal unleaded. Happy to pay the extra for the better quality fuel, however I notice it's now 11p per litre more expensive. Rip us off more yet again.

Is this the case with all Shell stations nationwide or just my local in Lanarkshire?

No mate. As the standard fuel price is dropping this doesn't seem to be happening with the V Power. I refuse to use Shell now and go with Tesco Momentum. This is on average 3-4p more.

I live just outside London for ref!

No mate. As the standard fuel price is dropping this doesn't seem to be happening with the V Power. I refuse to use Shell now and go with Tesco Momentum. This is on average 3-4p more.

I live just outside London for ref!

I am also just outside London and found same price differentials with a Shell and Tesco garage that are about half a mile apart. Tesco Momentum seems to be fine with no disernable difference in performance

Where I am its currently 1.10ppl for normal and 1.18 for V Power. So usual 8p

Whilst bulk oil prices continue to drop the pump price seems to have either stuck or started to rise. There's obvilously some price fixing going on, particularly with higher octane fuels.
Jeremy C (thats Corbyn not Clarkson) will sort it all out, you wont be able to afford a car so it wont matter.................

Reactions: Muttley75, Cymru09 and veeeight
110.9p for the norm 118.9. V-power. I'm happy with that as this time last year I was paying over £1.30 for diesel!

I paid 130p/litre for V Power last week........never again! I shall stick with normal super unleaded.

And how come diesel is all of a sudden cheaper than petrol. And we always have several pence difference in price across a fairly small area.
If you have an Asda (or Tesco) you are laughing - pushes all the petrol prices down

And how come diesel is all of a sudden cheaper than petrol.
Diesel is suddenly cheaper than petrol because I've just traded an A4 3.0TDi for an S4. :frown new:

I've used V-Power (petrol or diesel) for ten years now, but anecdotal evidence from existing owners suggested there'd be no benefit in doing so with the S4, so I'm presently sticking with regular unleaded (but still Shell).

Reactions: Nilz
I've used V-Power (petrol or diesel) for ten years now, but anecdotal evidence from existing owners suggested there'd be no benefit in doing so with the S4, so I'm presently sticking with regular unleaded (but still Shell).

THat a B8 or B7? or would it not matter? If there is actually no difference then ill quit using VPower!