using updated VCDS 15.7 on windows tablet

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I use a Linx windows tablet with my VCDS. I updated to version 15.7 today and now it seems to always open in full screen mode with no option to change it back to windowed. This means I can't bring up the on screen keyboard (OSK) to then type in codings etc.

anyone got any ideas how I can resolve this at all please?

for some reason, when going into long-coding helper the task bar is visible, allowing me to bring up the OSK.

I think it comes down to the fact the VCDS application is not yet designed to cope with touch-screen systems - hope it can be adapted soon!

Cheers

whats the window size in your options menu ?
BTW there no excuse's now on forgetting save autoscan does it automatically even noticed wee cheeky message in the folder haha

it may be possible to use software such as AutoHotKey to program a button combination to run the osk.exe

currently windows+volume up enables/disables the "narrator", don't need that so would be ideal to use to enable the OSK

but...... i've had a look and struggling to code AutoHotKey. Can write a script that'll run the osk.exe but no idea how to find out what "code" my windows+volume up button combo returns. hmmph

get on the ross-tec forum see if they can come way something

managed to map my volume up button to osk.exe and the script now runs when windows starts up. so got a workaround for now, works quite well tbh.

will probably message ross-tech too. obviously if vcds can support touch natively then the keyboard will appear and disappear as and when needed

cheers

Reactions: Gaz170
Did the update yesterday to 15.7.
Not sure on the resolution and can't look at the moment as the windows 10 upgrade is running but will report back later.

Will let you know how 10 runs on the tab but running great on pc and laptop so for.
Been running 8 since it came out so not a big step but i do like 10 so far.

Well did a scan last night with windows 10 on the tablet and ran with no problems at all :yahoo:

Windows 8 has a fake "Full screen mode" for windowed programs. When the VCDS opens, double click on the top of the window and it will revert to windowed mode.