used integrated engineering catch can

jesus christ $200, Ian I will weld you one up for less than that and you can choose what size you want haha.

But yeah looks like it will fit, even has the AN fittings for you

yes and no... the can is generic so can be used on anything, the PCV block breather adaptor could plausibly be used assuming VAG made this as generic as most of its other parts but the hose and fitment will be specific to the platform its designed for so the hose maybe too short and the bracket maybe useless...

It also doesn't seem to do anything with the cam cover breather...

The only usable part out of that for your car is the can IMO... the PCV adaptor is just bling (if it fits) so you may as well use the OE elbow thats already there as you will have to rejig the pipework anyway

<tuffty/>

yes and no... the can is generic so can be used on anything, the PCV block breather adaptor could plausibly be used assuming VAG made this as generic as most of its other parts but the hose and fitment will be specific to the platform its designed for so the hose maybe too short and the bracket maybe useless...

It also doesn't seem to do anything with the cam cover breather...

The only usable part out of that for your car is the can IMO... the PCV adaptor is just bling (if it fits) so you may as well use the OE elbow thats already there as you will have to rejig the pipework anyway

<tuffty/>

to my untrained eye it looks like the cam cover breather is connected to the catch can?

6242aac601d8b039f4b42b0a24a8e0cf.jpg

I based my assessment of the kit from the link.. there is no mention of modification in the advert.. the kit advertised and linked to is for an inline engined A4... based on that information the catch can and maybe the AN fitting for the block maybe the only usable parts..

Just because the picture shows a hose from the cam cover doesn't mean its either connected to the can or included in the sale...

The kit linked to as it stands only has provision for the block breather...

I would personally ask the question to the seller to confirm what he has done if you are still interested in buying this as he may well of modded it to suite...

Don't assume anything

<tuffty/>

I based my assessment of the kit from the link.. there is no mention of modification in the advert.. the kit advertised and linked to is for an inline engined A4... based on that information the catch can and maybe the AN fitting for the block maybe the only usable parts..

Just because the picture shows a hose from the cam cover doesn't mean its either connected to the can or included in the sale...

The kit linked to as it stands only has provision for the block breather...

I would personally ask the question to the seller to confirm what he has done if you are still interested in buying this as he may well of modded it to suite...

Don't assume anything

<tuffty/>

fair call, very observant as always.

Ian,

Presuming this is a picture of the can for sale
4a0f58e2f449ddf45e38711f6b29dafb.jpg

You can see a little purple thing wrapped in plastic which looks like it gets shoved into the cam cover breather port. As Tuffty said above it would be best to ask that is in fact what it is and make sure it's included in the sale. Looks identical to the AN fittings I have though.

As I said earlier. many cheaper options available. Any catch can with two 19mm inlets (3/4") and a breather can be made to work (you should know this is illegal in Aus and likely to get you a yellow sticker should anyone look under your hood).

...obviously if I had scrolled down I might have seen that lol... still... would have been nice to have mentioned it in the first post...

IE don't appear to list a kit for a mk4 platform car... looks like he has adapted the kit to suit

Anyhoo... the cans are baffled which is a good thing but the IE kits are expensive, xe.com suggests 329 USD is 461 AUD so $200 seems a bit of a bargain in AUD or USD based on the base AEB kit costing 329 USD

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sandra and Jenno007
investigating exchange rates... you really go above and beyond to help out haha

Reactions: Sandra
Hopefully you lot will learn to research better so I don't have to do it for you lol :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sandra
it's hard focusing when you're upside down ;)

Reactions: Prawn and Sandra
LOL @
Hopefully you lot will learn to research better so I don't have to do it for you lol :)

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the info guys! I was also thinking it was a bargain looking at that original price

cool I'll see if all pictured comes with it. So the way he's got it set up in that photo won't work ?
Because looking at the catch can faq there is no t piece in this set up compare to the guide
So bracket might need tweaking anything else?

I wasn't too sure about the legality of it all so there rule is no catch cans at all in Australia ?

You can have a catch can in Australia you just can't have it venting into the atmosphere like this one is set up to do.

It would need to vent back into the intake pipe.

Your catch can will have two inputs and one output. Since this can has 3 inlet/outlets there is no need for the t piece as seen in the FAQs

You can have a catch can in Australia you just can't have it venting into the atmosphere like this one is set up to do.

Your catch can will have two inputs and one output. Since this can has 3 inlet/outlets there is no need for the t piece as seen in the FAQs

You cant vent anything to atmosphere in Austrailia, lol

I think you will find its modifications in general not just catch cans

<tuffty/>

Sad but true
But there are so many cars here in Melbourne that Are modified how they get away with it I don't know

Do you reckon if need be I could get a pipe that would replace the filter to to go into the TIP? So the way he's got it set up would be the way I would put it into mine right ?

Yeah looks like the filter is just held on with a hose clamp so that could come off and a hose put in its place. You don't even need to go back into the TIP, just run it down under the car and nobody will ever know.

Just make sure you block the tip to avoid a rather large vac leak

So everything in the pic is provided.

"2 hoses. One spare. The 2 red adaptors one is in the hose the other one is new in the bag"

think it's a goer