1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

used Import S3 prices

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by colinreid, Dec 18, 2003.

1. colinreid

colinreid New Member

Does anyone have any idea how much less a used import s3 is worth compared to a UK car?

Cheers
  2. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

Not sure about S3's, but I have a mate bought a second hand LHD imported TT 180 and I think he paid about £5k less than a RHD model.

Because S3's are close to the sale retail price - I would guess the same. However, bear in mind that insurance tends to be more expensive when you mention the word "import" and the words "left hand drive".
  3. NWMark

NWMark Member

Depends if you mean LHD imports or RHD imports, from looking through the for sale adverts, autotrader etc.. Ive found LHD cars to be VERY cheap, 3-4k under the price of a RHD model, but i have only seen one or two for sale.

With RHD import models (full uk spec), I actually think not *THAT* much, depends on the age of the car your looking at, if you look at ones about 2 years old then ive seen RHD imports at upto 1k less than an equivalent UK supplied car, i think mainly due to no warranty after 2 years. but once you look at cars that are around 4 years old ive not noticed any price difference.

Mark
  4. Dosenoffner

Dosenoffner New Member

Tescos will not care if it is a left hand drive. In some cases now they don't even mind if it is an import. In saying that it will not push your insurance up £5,000 which can be the saving of buying one. You are talking a couple hundred quid so 5,000 / 200 = 25 years increased premiums.
  5. dwk

dwk New Member

I paid no extra last year with NU direct, and no extra this year with Bell direct.

I have been £600 pound for the last 2 years I'm 31 with full NCB. If you state it is a UK spec car you should have no problems with most insurers.
  6. GavinCooper

GavinCooper New Member

Hi Guys
    Any ideas who offers the best prices for used S3's in the UK?
    Cheers.
  7. simont

simont Member

you could try Fontain motors at www.fontain.co.uk but at this time of the year you'll not get a good price from any motor dealer.

8. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

I have an import and I dont pay anymore for my insurance. Anyway who charges more is ripping you off. You should only pay more if you have a grey import, ie a Japanese car that is not available in the UK, because parts for repair are harder to source.

Dunc
  9. MarkyB

MarkyB Member

Providing the Import S3 is full UK Spec (and has the certification paperwork), it shouldn't make any difference to the insurance premium. The value-add with UK S3's was the extra years warrenty, but after 2 years that's irrelevant.

People seem to forget that all S3's are assembled(*) by the same people in the same factory in Germany - the exact spec (UK or otherwise) and LHD vs RHD are all down to which part bins are on the job-sheet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

(*) I am aware the the parts come from all over Europe!

Mark - proud owner of a German built, German sourced Audi S3