***URGENT REQUEST FOR HELP***

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
I know this isn't really allowed as it's technically a wanted ad but I'm in desperate need. Hopefully admin will understand

Has anyone in the south got a k03 manifold to turbo gasket knocking about I can come and collect tomorrow?

In desperate need here, any help muchly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Daahh! . . I know :-(

Seriously though, even if it's a used one that just isn't fractured. . . This is the make or brake between making mapping day at bills this week or not, I've moved heaven and earth to get this far. I'll be GUTTED if I fall foul at this!

The problem is though I have the relentless k03 manifold which is virtually impossible to do with the engine in, and only just possible while the engine is on the stand!

It seems so backwards to put the engine in and then spend 5 hours swearing and attempting to change a gasket :-/

Just run without the gasket.. Save you the pain of it blowing and having to replace it

I'm confident the flange is level, but it does have these faint grainy horizontal lines across it... Is that normal, what do we think gents? . . Would sure save a hell of a lot of bother if I can just bolt to that!

Tbh as long as the blowing gasket hasn't burnt to the face of either the turbo or manifold flange then gasket less will probably be the best option.

The gasket was never blowing, it's just got a small fracture in it which is obviously never going to get any smaller!

The face of the turbo flange clean as a whistle, so looks like I'll be going gasketless then!

Thanks for banging your heads together for us gentlemen, hopefully I'll actually make it to mapping at bills later this week!!! :rock:

Still got my work cut out though... Wish me luck!

Ok, we've gone for the gasket less ting... That one nut at the front is a right **** on the relentless k03 mani though and difficult to get that one last tight nip on, so my confidence isn't high if I'm honest. We'll see!