URGENT QUICK RESPONSE REQUIRED!-BRAKE ISSUE

330_2_S3

Reaction score
Some of you guys might have read the previous thread I have put up about my brakes squeaking...

The S3 is currently at the dealer as we speak and since I bought it from another dealer alot further that where I live that dealer has refused to carry out anywork on the brakes!!!!

I bought the car on March the 16th and as soon as the brakes started making the noise I contacted them almost immediately....

The dealer suggested that either glaze the pads or have them both replaced...now the other audi (parkland) have refused to carry out/pay for the work...I am right the argue that parkland should pay? The car is under warranty and no work has been carried out as yet?

Cheers in advance

If it is under warranty it doesn't matter which dealer it goes to. Audi's warranty is theirs not the individual dealers. I know they are a pain in the *** though and get quite pissy when the car didn't come from them. When I have had problems with mine the local dealer doesn't want to touch it, although its less than 6 months old.

Well its a warrenty issue......

If they see fit (if the noise is there and bad enough) they should replace them FOC, and give you a courtesy car until its sorted.

If you leave the dealers unhappy ring Audi UK and tell them you just bought a 30k car off them and are not happy with the brakes or service.

We had a S3 the other day with exactly the same problem. Stripped all the brakes down and it cured it for a while then it cam back.

Simon @ Tetbury Audi

A bit of copper grease on the back of the pads (not the friction side), will usually stop any sqeaking.

Thanks for your quick responses, just got of the phone to Parkand Audi gloustershire not too long ago and they said that the service manager at brentford Audi said there is no visible damage on the brakes so with this fact Audi parkland came to the conclusion that the brakes don't need even glazing! what cheek!.....you spend almost 20K on a car and your meant to just ignore the brake squeaking? Why should I have to fiddle with the brake pads when the car is under warranty?:wtf:

Firstly report the dealer because they are p1sssing me off and I'm just reading a thread heheheh.

Secondly either get audi UK rang or go to another dealer because that is defo a FOC warranty work.

David

take the car back youve had it a month tell em you dont want it cos it squeeks either that or replace the pads for some redstuff youde be better off

went to pick up my car and even the service manager @brentford tells me that I shouldn't let them off lately and pester them, but yes I will be contacting audi UK about them as its ridiculous really and the sales rep that sold me the car has left the Dealer!!! But yeah I will update you guys on how I get on...thanks again!

Mate I agree, Parklands Audi sucks big time. Dont let them off!! Just because you bought the car elswhere doesn't mean the warranty is only valid at one dealers. What if you bought your car in Aberdeen and moved to Exeter!

No its not even that mate, its the fact that they aren't willing to pay for the repairs to be carried out at all! Sayings its not an actual fault but its just a noise......

So if i bought a 80k R8 and the brakes start sqeaking they are going to ignore that too? What bull crap...