Urgent help!

Jord

Reaction score
Just came out to car went to driveway felt like brake were seized, nope, car skidding all over road, got back out and straightened wheel, passenger wheel straight but drivers wheel sticking out
Any help please

Was the car driven and parked up yesterday without incident. If so things just dont break overnight. Has there been an attempt to get your wheels off??? Sounds like it or track rod end has sheared.....but why when stationery.

Parked on road, can't see any impact, I know things like this don't happen over night, car driven till about 7 last night then left, and just come out, Im soo ****** off with this car, worst car I've ever owned

Get in behind the offending wheel and see if the track rod end or any other joint has come away. That would allow the wheel to move independently from the other. My mate had something similar where someone tried to pinch his wheels but obviously got rumbled so when he came to drive the car the L/H wheel was only on the hub with 1 loose bolt holding it on.

Comedy sketch where front of the car drops and the wheel overtakes him......not funny at the time though.

I've just checked the car now it's light, do damage, no loose wheels, put me arm under wheel and everything appears intacked, I moves with the other wheel just when wheels should be straight drivers side wheel is quarter turned :wacko: I'm baffled

So steering wheel is straight, everything intact, drivers wheel is 1/4 turn off........sounds as though something mechanical has given up. Get it to the garage IF you can.

Its not had a new steering rack fitted has it??

Let us know what happens.

a2fca169.jpg

1d968757.jpg

ba539503.jpg

This is what it looks like?

Is there any play in the offending wheel? I would jack the car up and take the wheel off to have a good look paying particular attention to all joints and driveshaft. I thought it might of been kerbed but wrong side.

Think of it like this too. Its been parked like that because that wheel will not move by itself so just before you stopped say 1/2 mile before hand did anything happen....i.e kerbed, large pot-hole etc etc. That could of knocked the set-up out.

Can't feel any play, gonna jack it later, its only sticking out like now cus I drove I little bit and reversed it, when I came out this morn both wheels were parallel, I never leave wheels sticking out, I always avoid pot holes and never drop down kerbs or up, still drive it like my old polo which was about 2inches off the floor

Will do its really bugging, first thing I thought was someone's tried to rob it, n tried to get it on to a low loader? N snapped something? Lots of cars are getting stolen to order where I live,
I'm hoping it's a simply cheap fix, I'm at a poit with the cat I might aswell just set fire to my wages, the amount I spend on it to keep it running

Will do its really bugging, first thing I thought was someone's tried to rob it, n tried to get it on to a low loader? N snapped something? Lots of cars are getting stolen to order where I live,
I'm hoping it's a simply cheap fix, I'm at a poit with the cat I might aswell just set fire to my wages, the amount I spend on it to keep it running

Time for a change me thinks...........S3's aren't as dear to buy and run as people think. And you'll get ALOT of enjoyment out of it. I was running a remapped 2.0 TDI Sport which was fun and very economical. The S3.....well no comparison really. Cheaper to fill up, cheaper to insure believe it or not and and all-round fantastic car even though I get less MPG. I spend exactly the same per month on running costs as I did with the TDI.......I now longer batter up and down the A9 which is why I traded it in for the S3.

Just looked under again, drivers side steering rack arm is bent, someone has well tried to rob it last night, can't just bend sitting there

everything on the car can be replaced... its just at what cost. i would get that car towed to a garage and find out how much it will cost you?
i smacked my old golf into a kerb while turning in the snow early 2010 and it bent up the wishbone and drive shaft... £300 odd later it was all good again.

Bingo......said it would be something like that. Takes a lot to bend one of them though so they must of been having a good go at it. At least you know what the problem is now.

Must off, I'm going to ring the police do they keep it on record, just wish they had nicked it, n could of bought new car then ha
Going to ring eutocar parts n get a new one, need to take wheel off and inspect it properly make sure nothing else is damaged

I wonder if they've tried to steal the car by dragging it onto a low-loader. That would certainly bend afew things. Have a good look on the other side just in case. I would report it too coz if more damage and you have to claim for it through your insurance you've got it covered as the police are aware. Any tell-tale visual signs on the road like scuff/drag marks??

i feel for you mate, good luck with the repair and i hope that the price is low enough. good thinking to report it... in some ways its good to know that the car just cannot be dragged

that's shocking, I'm sorry for you. Its the thought of what happens when you leave it parked! A bent tie bar was I was going to suggest but why would they use that? Bunch of cretins!

Cheers guys, I'm going to report after work, I havnt even drove the car since Sunday, me girlfriends been using it, I went back before and had a better look in the light, noticed a massive chip in alloy, it looks like its had a good whack, but she reckons she ain't hit anything? I'm confused and angry I can't pinpoint how it happened, I'm going to get it towed to my mums with drive tomorrow so I can jack it up

sounds like my girlfriend, unless she has hit a HGV she won't notice! must have been nasty kerbage to do that damage though

I know, that's what I thought? That's why I'm so confused? Attempted robbery or dickhead girls that can't drive?

Is she insured to drive it ?

If not forget the insurance and hope the police don't respond.

If yes then don't let her drive it again otherwise it could happen again !!

Ex girlfriend surely ? Ha
It's very close, ha
She doesn't realise yet that she's paying the bill and te refurb of all 4 wheels she's destroyed
She's still not admitting it, she's reckon she's ain't hit anything, I said so was it a theif last night and kindly returned it all locked this morn

Oh wow, she must must really wacked that kerb to do so much damage to both the wheel and steering rod. Hope you get it sorted and not be too much out of pocket mate.

LOL

on a serious note....Somebody gonna get a hurt (Russell Peters)

Last edited:
on a serious note fella, im suprised looking at that pic....The wheel looks lets say hit on a kerb and then scraped?

Its odd as i wouldnt have thought it could do that kind of damage?