1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

urgent help please guys

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Haglos, May 1, 2011.

1. Haglos

Haglos jabba mapped

[May 1, 2011]
    to cut a long story short a lady reversed into my s3 11 months ago now and it is still an ongoing claim.
    i have not used my audi since the accident it has been on my drive but i have been running it now and again.

The battery died on me and i can not get into the car for love nor money as the fob dont work anymore and the lock spins with the key. ive tried a deisel battery and nothing still work the little led light did not come on or dash display
    can anyone shed any light on this or point me in the right direction please
    regards marv
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. DavidW

DavidW Member

[May 1, 2011]
    Have you tried the boot lock? This has a manual overide with the key for when the battery goes flat.
  4. Haglos

Haglos jabba mapped

[May 1, 2011]
    the previous owner before me put a facelift tailgate on the car and i dont think he changed the locks because none of the keys i have work in the lock at all its a nightmare
  5. DavidW

DavidW Member

[May 1, 2011]
    You're probably going to have to see if you can get up behind the front bumper to pop the bonnet realease then. I've done this on a couple of cars when the release cable broke but never on an S3, I'd imagine itll be pretty tight up there.
  6. Sock

Sock Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

[May 1, 2011]
    Bit confused, how did you try the diesel battery if you cant access the car?
  7. Haglos

Haglos jabba mapped

[May 1, 2011]
    yes i managed to get the bonnet released and i tried a big battery but no luck at all i checked a few of the earths and cleaned them up but still no luck
  8. Sock

[May 1, 2011]
    LOL that cleared that one up

Is the battery in the key also dead? might be worth checking? ( I assume the central locking worked up until you stopped using it? )
  9. DavidW

DavidW Member

[May 1, 2011]
    Aaah, I thought you were trying to get in to change the battery. Are you sure the new battery is good? If the LED's on the door pins are not lit up it's a sign there maybe no power to the central locking.

One other thing to try, if you do get a good battery on there try sparking the terminals a bit, I managed to lock my keys in the ignition whilst chanfing a bulb, whilst pulling the negative terminal it sparked and somehow triggered the central locking, mass panic set in until I put the terminal back on and it unlocked the car.
  10. Sock

[May 1, 2011]
    Funny that, I tried the ECU reset on my old A3 and when I connected the negative the central locking locked!

Thought it was just a one off

Good answer dude, lets hope it will work for Haglos :)
  11. Haglos

Haglos jabba mapped

[May 1, 2011]
    thanks for all the replys guys yes ill give that a go. it was all fine 1 week then the next week when i was gonna run it nothing. i was thinking the same thing about power not getting to the central locking. if worst comes to worst i have to spare pop out windows for the rear so ill have to smash 1 but that is the very last resort