urgent help needed please

Karlos the Avant

Reaction score
evening all

I was going to work tonight and while I was doing about 80mph down M1 the car just lost aceleration altogether.

I tried to give it a little rev and the turbo was boosting but no power on accelerator, I called the recovery out and the dude was clueless and i thought someone had sent him as a wind up when i saw him looking in the window washer bottle :wtf: is all that about lol

anyway i suspect something to do with fuel side, may be fuel pump?

checked all belts and fan and cam belt ect all in tact, no leaks of any type.
vehicle turms over fine just wont fire but couldnt look too much in dark and still had to go work.

any sugestions would be very welcome then i can have look in morning after work.

i have tried to find suggestions on here but could be a lot of things, was just trying to narrow it down a little if poss.

kindest regards and thanks:applaus: to all on this site for all the help it doesnt even know it has give me in the past, very impressed with the tips and help available on here and hope it does it for me yet again.

so far this site has helped me fixed or replace::respekt:

headlamps
heater
boost
pads + disks fitted
wheel size and tyres
alarm
imobilizer
rear wiper
central locking
key fob
interior advice

:anbet:what more can I say:anbet:

Give it a crank over then remove a couple of the spark plugs and see if they're wet with fuel.

Then put the plugs back into the coilpacks, but not back into the engine. Lay the coil on the rocker cover, plug it in and position it such that the end of the plug is grounded against the rocker cover, and crank it again to see if your getting a spark.

Do you have vagcom? A scan may pinpoint the issue more easily.

VAGCom it. As long as she is turning over at proper speeds and there is no spark then suspect crank sensor or icm ( tho the ICM usually loses a cylinder 2 1st)

hya gents,

thanks for the helpful suggestions yet again, took plugs out and no fuel at all, had a quick look at fuses and found 2 blown.
found fuse box pics on here{cool as} and one was for the cig lighter and the other was for the fuel pump.

new fuses in and fired first time.

:applaus:Thanks aragorn + Byzan A4 sorted me again:applaus:
:respekt: