Urgent help needed, Audi a3 2.0 tdi sline 2004

cheeco

Reaction score
hi,does anyone know how to check the injectors if they are working & done a full service and changed all the glow plugs but the car take longer to start when warmed up any idea why.

Sorry mate I can't help much. I have the same car and it takes longer to start when warm than cold.

Had one glow plug out when I got it, changed it and made no difference.

Reading around it could be the timing needs fine tuning. Going to try this when I get my vcds at the end of the month.

Interested in any other ideas of what it could be.

Gary

It could be the starter motor.... I'm not trying to be funny. Am I right in thinking that the car cranks over for a long time before it starts in a cloud of smoke? It will start better some times for no real reason.

If this is the case it maybe your started motor isn't turning the engine quick enough/produce enough torque for the ECU to allow car to start. One way to see is to disconnect the water temp sensor and try and start it. You might find that the car starts on the button.

If this is the case you might find a new starter will help. You might also want to check the temp sensor is reading ok as well.

Best of luck

A