1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT... Help/advice required....

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jbcalvin, May 21, 2011.

1. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

Evening guys,

Was working on the car today removing EGR valve so I can clean it out, however whilst working under the bonnet the plastic tube that the dipstick goes into snapped... aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh....[​IMG][​IMG]

How easy is it to replace this? Is it a garage only job? Will I need any special tools? Obviously I can't even start the engine now, so the car is off the road....

And if anyone has the part number, that would also be greatly appreciated....

Cheers

Steve
  2. the jammy one

the jammy one Member

hi there as far as im aware i think there are 2 bolts holding it to the engine only small 10 or 8mm i think and then it will pull out of upper sump cant gt my p.c with etka on so cant help you with part number but sure it will be easy to get :)
  3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

you wont need part number audi keep them in stock
    there always snapping
    just changed mine 1 torx screw held mine in
    make surs when you remove old 1 theres nothing missing from the bottom if there is its in your sump
  4. jbcalvin

jbcalvin Member

Cheers guys,

Will phone Audi first thing monday morning, fingers crossed nothing went in sump........