1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent DTC help please!!

IkonA3 Oct 12, 2009

1. IkonA3

IkonA3 New Member

Hi guys

A mechanic friend of mine was going to do a cambelt change for me but was unable to complete the job as we need another part. So he put everything back together I went to pick the car up from him. On going to put the car into gear, it's a DSG, I instantly felt something wrong with the brake pedal. It felt very loose and every time it was pressed it it made a 'Pfffft' sound???

I drove down the road and I was having to push it right to the floor for the car to stop! Now usually I just have to feather the brake for the car to stop so something isnt right! I took it back to my mates and we spent a good 30 mins checking everything under the bonnet and everything was connected and looked in order. No warning lights are coming up on the dash I should add. When the engine is switched off the brake pedal goes back to a solid state you would expect it to feel like all the time, once the engine is switched on it goes very 'spongey'.

Anyway I have an ST3 device for putting on remaps and this can also display DTC codes. I plugged it in and it is displaying the code C02A1. Now I have tried looking this up online but there is nothing on the net about this code! Is it even a proper VAG code?? because most of them seem to be just numbers?!

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? I dont really want to drive the car if there is a problem with the brakes! I'm thinking it could be the ABS???