URGENT downpipe help

garyrmills

Reaction score
Just got hold of a 3" downpipe and sports cat for my s3 apy with esp and was wondering what is involved in the fitting as im looking to do it tommorow and over the bank holiday weekend.

will i need to drop the subframe? or drop the back of the engine? or can i get to the turbo end from the top with some fancy handwork? been under the car earlier to spray the bolts and it looks abit of a pig but am up for the challenge....

Any help would be great

Its quite a job and most are extremely tight to clear the transfer box ans subframe.

What make is it?.

done.... i did end up dropping the subframe was a bit of a pig of a job. bought a relentless tuning one from ebay 225 squids for 3" downpipe and sports cat hoping that all goes well with it i.e welds cracking ect but as far as the fitment it fitted pretty well just had to trim the flange that went to the turbo as the relentless tuning one was slightyly bigger apart from that top job

How the car feel, any difference in performance and sound.

Read in another thread you bought a TIP from ebay. What one did you get and any difference since installing it.

car has alot more poke in the top end of the rev range also sounds awesome very pleased with it .turbo spool is also louder. TIP i went for an ebay jobbie http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-TT-22...s_SM?hash=item334f1eaf5d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

says it is for a 225bhp model but fitted straight onto my 210 apy engine this made minimal difference but did make enough to make it a worthwhile thing to do and it looks nice lol

Thanks for the info guys. I think il give the TIP you got. Do you know if they also do the upper boost hoses too.

thats the one seemed to fit alright it does hang lower than the old pipe but i suppose it will as its a bigger pipe.

also not sure on the lower boost pipes if you find any let me know.thanks