1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Confirmation Needed (PLEASE! :D )

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FactionOne, Dec 22, 2004.

1. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Dec 22, 2004]
    Hey folks,

Just a quick one (I know it makes a change for me!)...

I'm about to get some discs sorted out for my baby and I'm 99% certain my model-year 98 A3 1.6 Sport has 256mm front discs (and not 280mm), and I don't have a jack about to use to check... but I was just wondering if any of the gurus on here might know the definative answer...? The only problem is I have to call back by about 4pm to catch despatch today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

My sincerest thanks in advance for any help you can offer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Regards,

Rob.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Dec 22, 2004]
    oops too late - yes.
  4. FactionOne

[Dec 22, 2004]
    Cheers khufu, you would've probably just made it in time anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As it is I got a shock when I rang Audi... Instead of the usual "I can give you a part number but for specifications I'll have to give you a website address" *cue erwin* (I did manage a quick look at etka/elsa but they seemed quite unspecific) - but to my surprise I managed to get a confirmation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I tell you I nearly went to put some lottery numbers on!

Regards,

Rob.
  5. Dave10

Dave10 New Member

[Dec 22, 2004]
    Faction One, Hi it's David from Lantec.

I saw you at scan the other day.

Hows it going?
  6. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Dec 22, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    FactionOne said:
    Cheers khufu, you would've probably just made it in time anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As it is I got a shock when I rang Audi... Instead of the usual "I can give you a part number but for specifications I'll have to give you a website address" *cue erwin* (I did manage a quick look at etka/elsa but they seemed quite unspecific) - but to my surprise I managed to get a confirmation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does say it in ETKA, you just need to know how to use it properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  7. FactionOne

[Dec 22, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    FactionOne said:

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does say it in ETKA, you just need to know how to use it properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, admittedly I haven't quite figured out all the conventions on remarks and vehicle numbers etc. yet - but I don't see it that often.

Maybe I should ask Audi to give me some training when I go down there next week for a service? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Regards,

Rob.
  8. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Dec 22, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    FactionOne said:
    Yeah, admittedly I haven't quite figured out all the conventions on remarks and vehicle numbers etc. yet - but I don't see it that often.

Maybe I should ask Audi to give me some training when I go down there next week for a service? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Regards,

Rob.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not your fault but the stealer should have half a clue but most of the time don't, so safest bet is to get your own copy then you'll always get the right part....but then you have to take the blame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  9. FactionOne

[Dec 23, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dave10 said:
    Faction One, Hi it's David from Lantec.

I saw you at scan the other day.

Hows it going?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry fella! I totally missed this post (was skim-reading all day while being tangled-up in phones!)...

On the whole I'm alright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif there's a minor head-blag concerning a woman and a panic about money and Christmas, but they're to be expected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif - The only other problem is the current brake situation I have; I'd never seen a disc such a lovely shade of pink-white! Still, it goes in *looks at clock* in a few hours and then I've just got to nip back with the new discs and pads when they arrive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif How're you and your chariot?

Anyway, once again, sorry for taking so long to reply!

Hope you're well,

Regards,

Rob.