Uprating SE Avant with OE S-Line springs

snoopster

Reaction score
I wonder if someone can help?

I have an SE Avant and the ride quality is like a 70's Cadillac, it sucks. I want to fit it with S-Line OEM springs but do not want to pay the dealer price of 100+VAT per spring.

I can find many people selling springs from scrap B8's BUT most yards are unreliable when telling you precisely what B8 model it has come from.

To give me some confidence in that I am buying the right spring, I need to know what the correct colour codes are for an B8 Avant S-line, 2.0 TFSI, Manual, FWD. (Rear Axle weight code OYH, Front Axle weight code OJF)

I think they maybe
Front: 1 violet, 3 Pink
Rear 1Green, 1Grey, 2 White
BUT this info is from a Russian EKTA catalogue that does not list separate part no's for sport springs (BE) and s-line springs (BV).

So does anyone know the correct colour codes for S-line springs for this model?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I had a look at my ETKA and I concur with the front spring for a OJF weight range the colours are 1 violet and 3 pinks. 8k0411105EB
For the rear I make it the same as you again with the BE option and BV both being the same part. 8k0511115GT.
There are 2 options for that depending on the chassis number but I presume you have picked the correct one.

Have you not thought of something like the Eibach PRO springs.

Parts catalogue

I fitted these to mine its also an SE avant so was a bit 4x4 .
Really happy with the ride quality and not too low, have a look at my build thread there are some pictures.
I think the kit for yours would be E10-15-011-01-22 .
I got mine off Ebay from Germany about £40-£50 cheaper than the UK.

Eibach Tieferlegungsfedern AUDI A4 Avant (8K5, B8) 35mm E10-15-011-01-22 | eBay

You can make an offer to save 5 euros which was accepted. Tried lower offers but they were refused.Works out around £140 all in, a lot less than the £185-£190 for Ebay UK.

Karl.

Hi Karl,

Original Springs
Thanks for double checking the colour codes. But as you say there seems to be no way of differentiating colours and part no's between BE (-20mm) and BV(-30mm). Is it just the source of EKTA I am using ? (www.neoriginal.ru/cat/audi/part_4_11_636_0_2010_4_35660
)
I am guessing if I had two A4 B8 2.0TFSI FWD manual transmissions on the ramps, one with sport suspension and one with s-line suspension, the springs between the cars would have different colours? I can find no way in EKTA of figuring out these colour differences. Basically I do not want to accept a set of second hand springs based on colour codes, thinking they are for an S-line only to find when fitted they are actually for a Sport.

Eibachs and H&R's
I am planning to use Eibach Pro's as a fallback. Problem I have with them is they list the same springs (Eibach EI015 011-01-22) for a 2.0TFSI FWD and 2.0TDI FWD, meaning when I fit them to the lighter TFSI the car will sit higher at the front than intended. I shall look at your build pictures as am interested to see how they look, thanks.
Do you know what is Audi original fitment? Is it Eibach or H&R or something else?

The difference in weight between the TDI and TFSI isn't that large.

Audi A4 Avant (08 on) Dimensions - Facts and Figures | Parkers

1495 Kg for the TFSI and 1525 Kg for the TDI only 30Kg which will amount to just a few mm difference.
The actual drop figures are ball park anyway it won't drop exactly 30mm or 35mm in my experience it seems to drop a little more at the front than the back.

Karl.

The difference in weight between the TDI and TFSI isn't that large.

Audi A4 Avant (08 on) Dimensions - Facts and Figures | Parkers

1495 Kg for the TFSI and 1525 Kg for the TDI only 30Kg which will amount to just a few mm difference.
The actual drop figures are ball park anyway it won't drop exactly 30mm or 35mm in my experience it seems to drop a little more at the front than the back.

Karl.

I am not so sure on the 'few mm difference'. I have just put 30kg of tools in the back of the A4 for a job tomorrow and the car has gone down around 10-15mm. I assume the difference maybe less if this was done on the stiffer front springs? The weight difference seems significant enough for Audi to give the different Petrol and diesel models different axle weight categories and different springs.

To be frank what made me significantly more interested in the Eibachs now was your build thread where you noted the Eibach's as a good 60mm shorter than the originals making them significantly easier to fit. The fronts do not worry me as will be assembling using pneumatic spring compressor, rears are a different story. Did you say you could almost fit front and rears without needing spring compressors?....... I assume they do not need wiring in to prevent them dislodging themselves.

Are you aware of who the OE spring manufacturer is for Audi?

Doug

You don't need spring compressors for the front at all when putting it back together. For the rears you need some kind of spring compressors or you won't get the springs out.
The ones I have are the same as these .

COIL SPRING COMPRESSOR SET (RED) No. 035, made by R.A.M., 99p start. | eBay

you can get these on the rear coils on the inside of the coil to compress it.
Similar ones on Flea bay

Nut Drive Heavy Duty 2pc Coil Spring Compressor Suspension Clamps Kit Set | eBay

Putting the rear spring back in was so much easier, I didn't have to use spring comressors but did need to push the bottom arm down as far as it would go so used the car jack to help it down.

If I had someone to assist me they could have pushed the bottom arm down whilst I put the spring in but it wasn't possible to do that on my own.
If I was doing it again I probably wouldn't cut the rubber buffers and see what the ride is like first.
Rears are easy to get at just undo the top of the shocker. Fronts are a little more tricky but you don't need to compress the spring to take it apart so can be done reasonably quickly.
I don't know who manufacturers the OE springs for Audi I don't think there were any indication on the springs.

Karl.