Uprated stereo with BOSE speakers

b16 will

Reaction score
The ***** concert stereo has reared its ugly head and im sick to deth of being deafend to deth when i twiddle the volume control !!
Can i use my existing CD changer and speaker system with a different HU? Can anyone recomend one that sounds as good as the origional one because it sounds great as it is, albeit a little loud !!

Any help apreciated.:beerchug:

I'd be keen to know this as well. Especially when I'm on the phone and want to turn the volume down and get blasted when it jumps up.

IIRC, Stafford Audi sell replacement Concert units which have been redesigned to get rid of the volume problem, and they also come with a warranty.

Not sure on cost, but probably an easier fix than a aftermarket unit and adaptors.

Cheers,

Anything would be better. I jump a mile when it blasts me out !!

Think they were about £130, which is a bargain. Audi actually quoted me £525 for a replacement Concert HU, when I asked just for a laugh.

Looks great, but a rather costly alternative is it not?

Think they were about £130, which is a bargain. Audi actually quoted me £525 for a replacement Concert HU, when I asked just for a laugh.

Got mine a few weeks back from stafford £100

Is the concert unit the one with single CD in front? Mine has tape deck, plus CD changer and BOSE

My Bose started with the volume problems and was sending me crazy as well as deft so i got a Alpine CDE-103BT, really good sound and can link it up2 your phone with parrot system and works well with iphone

Not had any problems with it and great buy in my eyes