1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uprated pads and braided hoses for 2.5tdi what and where?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by boya, Dec 17, 2009.

1. boya

boya Member

after getting a service yesterday a few faults came up including corroded/cracked flexi pipes and front pads, just done a search on the internet for the hoses and couldnt find anyone that does them to fit my car, will they fit from another audi? the car is a 2003 2.5tdi fwd a4

also the issue of brake pads....i fancy some uprated ones for road use only but havent got a clue what to get, any info will be great, cheers!
  2. SmoothAssault

SmoothAssault Will design for mods

I just put a complete RS4 front brake setup on my 1.8T. I got EBC RedStuff pads and HEL performance braided hoses. Both sourced from ebay stores and so far so good.

I'm sure both EBC and HEL will do parts for your TDi.
  3. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

you wont go far wrong with green or red stuff pads
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Are they available for the 2.5?
  5. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

greenstuff pads not too bad

But not the EBC discs: on my old Golf (5yrs ago), I had a bad time with the EBC "dimpled and grooved" gold discs ... the theory is good: dimples less likely to crack than cross-drilled ones and the grooves keep the face clean.... BUT the quality was poor... they're a real Ripspeed-style cosmetic waste of time, I ran them gently for the best part of 1000miles (was advised 500miles should be fine) and then as soon as I started driving more enthusiastically, they were fried: warped and buckled almost beyond use within a few weeks.... now I either stick with OEM or stuimp up the bucks for a known brand such as AP Racing or Brembo.... I replaced them with Brembo x-drilled.
  6. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Well-Known Member

As above, EBC Discs are dreadfull.
    But tbh, greenstuff pads aren't any better than genuine audi pads. Too many people buy cheaper replacements and claim oem is bad.
  7. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Active Member

Hows the brakes going smooth :blahblah1:are they alot more responsive and sharp now.

Hows the HIDs looking:hubbahubba:

8. SmoothAssault

SmoothAssault Will design for mods

Brakes feel great, although rare that the ABS doesn't kick in thanks to the weather we're having!!! But I'm really happy with 'em.

HIDs still looking SHWEEEEET! lol