Uprated Dogbone Mounts (Engine Mount Bush) S3

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to get some feedback from those of you who have uprated you dogbone mounts. I've got a S3 8P3 DSG and think mine is knackered.

What difference do they make? What are the positives and negatives? Which brand are you using and why? I've heard some are running Powerflex, Superpro, THS and VWR. What's the differences between these? I have heard people experiencing a lot more engine noise, vibrations etc and I don't want to wreck the day to day refinement

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I want to get some feedback from those of you who have uprated you dogbone mounts.

What difference do they make? What are the positives and negatives? Which brand are you using and why? I've heard some are running Powerflex, Superpro, THS and VWR. What's the differences between these? I have heard people experiencing a lot more engine noise, vibrations etc and I don't want to wreck the day to day refinement

Thanks

I can't offer any help with an up rated one but what I and a lot of others did on Clio's was rotate the OEM bush 90 degrees. This way it was cheap, less movement and no vibrations! Might be something to think about.

I've got the 2 purple Powerflex mounts on mine, engine is at standard power don't really notice much of a difference to be honest. The vibrations from the engine are a little harsher but not hugely different.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
I've got the 2 purple Powerflex mounts on mine, engine is at standard power don't really notice much of a difference to be honest. The vibrations from the engine are a little harsher but not hugely different.

What made you change and can you feel any benefits?

I just done the dogbone on mine with powerflex black edition , the dsg shifts much better and smother and I have hardly noticed and more vibration

I was doing the clutch in mine so thought I'd just change them while I was there to be honest as they are pretty cheap. Good thing about the large one is that it slots into the current mount so if you don't like it you can just take it back out easily. I think this is probably why it doesn't seem to make a big difference though.

I have the fast road yellow powerflex one.

More vibrations that's for sure.

But peace of mind that the engine isn't rocking so much and less danger of cracking the Milltek downpipe!

I'd do it if you can, you only lose a little refinement whilst parking and at low speeds.

Reactions: Forbzeeee and Tom5190
I recently installed the yellow Powerflex insert, not really noticed more vibrations but was recommended to reduce engine movement.

Hi guys,

I want to get some feedback from those of you who have uprated you dogbone mounts. I've got a S3 8P3 DSG and think mine is knackered.

Thanks

The VWR mounts are essentially Vibratechnics sourced as far as I know.

Not cheap,but durable and rigid,without too much thrash getting through,but I'd look into sourcing them direct and comparing prices with VWR.

Thanks for the replies so far. I am still not sure which brand to go with but it is definitely an item that I am going to buy. Are they easy to fit without a ramp or shall I just get my mechanic to do it. As soon as I hear talk of moving sub-frames I quickly realise that it is something beyond my basic level of expertise.

Thanks for the replies so far. I am still not sure which brand to go with but it is definitely an item that I am going to buy. Are they easy to fit without a ramp or shall I just get my mechanic to do it. As soon as I hear talk of moving sub-frames I quickly realise that it is something beyond my basic level of expertise.

1 bolt and a bucket load of copper grease. Way easier on a ramp, they're a ****** tight fit.

Subframe stays put, no need to mess with that at all.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Had the softer (red) Powerflex dogbone mount on mine for about 4 weeks and got fed up a small vibration on idle so removed it.

1 bolt and a bucket load of copper grease. Way easier on a ramp, they're a ****** tight fit.

Subframe stays put, no need to mess with that at all.

Thanks for clearing that up... that's a relief. Still don't have a ramp though :(

Had the softer (red) Powerflex dogbone mount on mine for about 4 weeks and got fed up a small vibration on idle so removed it.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

Sorry to drag up a 5 year old thread but has anyone fitted the vibratechnics mounts to an S3 8P?

They are meant to be a great mod for the Mk5 Gti, not sure if they offer the same improvements on the S3