1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uprated ARB's and coil-overs...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Markb, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Hi guys,

I will be getting some KW Coil-overs fitted in the next few weeks (Audi A3 1.8T FWD), but I've also been considering changing the ARB's for up rated ones while I'm at it.

Is it really necessary to up rate the ARB's? Or are they OK? If it's worth doing which would you recommend? As Eibach say they are designed just for the pro and sport kits. Also do you know if they will foul the drive shafts if lowered?

Probably one for Glen or HTC, but we'll see.

Cheers Mark
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Definately a good mod! We've sold a few sets of front and rear H&R ARBs for the A3 & S3 and heard nothing but good reports. The A3 and S3 chasis does suffer quite abit from roll and these do sort this problem out. Should be no problem aswell with the car being lowered.
  4. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Jul 4, 2006]
    I've heard from quite a few people that the A3 fouls the ARB when it is lowered more then about 50mm? but you've had no complaints about this?

What ones are available? Eibach, HR etc...
  5. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Jul 4, 2006]
    No ones ever brought that up but no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong. We sell both Eibach and H&R items but personally i'd go for the H&R as the Eibach ARB is recommended to be paired with the Eibach suspension. Don't know if it would really make any difference and again i've had no complaints when people have used the Eibach ARB with other makes suspension,but that's just my choice. Any prices or anymore info just give us a shout!

:cool:
  6. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Changing arbs is not a must but is always has been a good mod. Ive got H&R coilovers on mine and its a massive differnce fromt he original suspension setup. Car is transformed dramatically. If i were you id get the arbs done another time and maybe get used to the coilover setup first. You may even find that your happy the way it handles and might need the arb change.
    Yes the arb does foul the suspension on the front when lowered too much. Its the plastic link arm that is the problem. a modified part is available to overcome this. But then again 50mm is a lot!
  7. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Jul 5, 2006]
    Personally, I like uprated ARBs because it lets you run slightly softer springs and still get the same (if not better) body control.

They are great on an S3...and great on my Mk3 GTI...no reason they won't feel great on an A3.

you certainly don't have to...you could try the coilovers first...then add ARBs...you may not feel the need to add ARBs...but I would, if you can justify / afford them and like to drive the car.