Uprate Anti-roll Bars

Cheese

Reaction score
I am seriously considering uprated anti-roll bars to improve handling on my S3. I have concerns over the detrimental effect it may have on ride comfort, especially considering how bad UK roads are.

Can anyone who has had a similar modification done comment on this?

Will be able to let you know on Monday once mine are fitted!!

Mine are bing fitted tomorrow. Ive got a set of H&R adjustable ARBs and Michelin supersports sitting in my room. Ill keep you guys updated.....

I'm looking at the same exact ones (H&R 24mm front and 26mm rear). Living in Aus, the local sellers are asking crazy prices. Where would be the best and cheapest place to buy there?

I will be doing this along with H&R 25mm springs

I found tuningtrend.de to have the cheapest price but they have not responded to my email yet.

NCRAW, can you please update me on the price of the ARBs (if you receive a return email) as I'm looking at this also.

marc, would you mind letting me know how much your paying for them to be fitted... thanks

oh, and do you have 19's? i want super-sports but they don't come in 18"

NCRAW, can you please update me on the price of the ARBs (if you receive a return email) as I'm looking at this also.
No worries poli. Waiting on Orange Tuning and Tuning Trend to get back to me though Orange Tuning gave me a good price including delivery for the H&R 25mm springs. We should catch up sometime on a weekend and discuss parts.

Sweet. Thanks NCRAW, that would be good.

Yeah a catch up sounds good.
We'll discuss outside of this thread as to not divert the topic.

The ride is noticeabley harsher with the ARB's in but the handling is awesome - I love mine with the H&R's in! #

I got mine from orange-tuning.de

Fitted by me and my mates.

The ride is noticeabley harsher with the ARB's in but the handling is awesome - I love mine with the H&R's in! #

I got mine from orange-tuning.de

Fitted by me and my mates.

wish i had the tools & balls to do it myself!

The ride is noticeabley harsher with the ARB's in but the handling is awesome - I love mine with the H&R's in!

This concerns me. I really want the improved (awesome :racer:) handling but with fitting I am looking at over £600. If the ride is then too harsh and I have to get them removed that is a lot of money wasted. This is a tough decision...

I need a try before you buy option really...

Which brand of ARBs do you have? Are they adjustable in any way in terms of how much stiffness they provide?

This concerns me. I really want the improved (awesome :racer:) handling but with fitting I am looking at over £600. If the ride is then too harsh and I have to get them removed that is a lot of money wasted. This is a tough decision...

I need a try before you buy option really...

Which brand of ARBs do you have? Are they adjustable in any way in terms of how much stiffness they provide?

yep the H&R's have three stiffness settings if im correct... im planning to go stiff rear and medium front... i dont actually care how hard the ride is, just want less body roll...

I have H&R and they are adjustable.

I'd say you could have them fitted in 3-4 hours if you worked hard - £600 IMO is a wild lot of money to install these!

I'd say you could have them fitted in 3-4 hours if you worked hard - £600 IMO is a wild lot of money to install these!

£600 is for front and rear bars and for the fitting. I am told the fitting is £65 per hour so I guess I am paying about £200 for the fitting and £400 for the bars. I would be getting them done locally by a company I feel confident in is worth a little extra in my opinion...

Check out orange-tuning.de and see what the price of fitting is if you supply the parts.

Probably because you are in England but over here in N.Ireland, I would find £65 p/h quite expensive!

Too late! Based on the fact they are adjustable I have put down a deposit for the larger H&R adjustable ARBs, a full Miltek Turbo-back exhaust system, a performance air filter and two new front tyres.

Is there likely to be much demand for my old parts - exhaust and ARBs? Car has only done 13000 miles.

A question guys.

Do u need aftermarket end links or stock is ok.

Im planning to fit them myself. How hard is it and what to watch for

Is there a torque setting value for the bolts or just loctite and tighten

Should the front and rear have same set-up or front less than rear? What are the outcomes of different settings

I believe the HRs have two settings and not three.

Thanks and sorry for multiple questions.

yep the H&R's have three stiffness settings if im correct... im planning to go stiff rear and medium front... i dont actually care how hard the ride is, just want less body roll...

Go on son! Lol... These are all about handling, and there is definitely a compromise in ride, but are you guys really bovvered?! rye has got the right idea.. Arb's are like a south side crip's jeans - it's all about making your *** hang out!:arco: oversteer rules!