1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upper control arm kit on ebay

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Danielson, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    Cheers for the mail mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Kev.
  4. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    no problem, thats cheap! i cant remember what i payed for mine from gsf but it was more than that, the lower arms are on there also.

[​IMG]
  5. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    I've seen this kit on Vag Parts for about £330:

[ QUOTE ]
    Front suspension kit
    Using Genuine Audi parts ONLY, a full set of all 8 front suspension arms for both sides of the car, including all the nuts, bolts and washers needed to fit them. Also included in the kit are 2 steering tie rod ends and the anti roll bar C links (not shown) for both sides of the car. All in all a complete kit to replace creaking or worn out front suspension arms. Buying this kit represents a huge saving over buying each arm on its own. Please include your chassis number when ordering!

[/ QUOTE ]

Woulds it be best to get the kit and replace it all whilst I'm there or just get the upper and lower control arms from eBay and the bushes from Rich?

Kev.
  6. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    Piccy...

[​IMG]

Kev.
  7. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    well you can get the big rear lower arms for 40each delivered, front lowers are 26 each, the arb links are 10, allthough you dont get the proper audi nuts bolts and washers from ebay. i had to get mine from the stealer, i reckon its cheaper to go ebay but its your call.
  8. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Aug 2, 2005]
    your call really as snoop says. I tended to replace them on my old a4 as they went, as some wouldn't wear at all yet others would only last 10k miles.

admittedly my decision was based on the dealers prices of about 150 quid per arm, plus labour...

If the kit is cheap enough it may be worth the effort of doing it yourself, and then treating the car to a proper 4 way alignment for £200 at the dealers.