1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upholstery Cleaner and Strut Brace?

bl_1969 Oct 8, 2008

  1. bl_1969

    bl_1969 Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!


    Whats the difference between an anti-roll bar and a strut brace? Are they the same thing. Maybe a newbi question, if so, I am sorry! Strangly enough, I asked Google and did not get far, I guess it is all in the way you ask huh!

    Anybody recommend upholstery cleaner of some kind?
    I just used Glipton Leather cleaner and conditioner and it is amazing stuff, but now I want the cloth part to look just as new and good. Dont have full leather interior :-( Please feel sorry for me and help me out with some recomendations for the cloth :blush:

    Cheers Cheers
  2. Man Of Mystery

    Man Of Mystery Member

    anti roll bar is under the car and a strut brace goes under the bonnet from one strut top to the other.
  3. wibble111

    wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

    I found in my old a3 which had the grey check interior that autoglym interior cleaner kept it nice and clean
  4. peakey

    peakey Member

    Hire a proper cleaner from a local hire shop there about 20 quid for the day you car gets a little damp BUT it works a treat.
  5. Nilz

    Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

    Anti Roll bar is under the car, Strut Brace is 'over the car' so to speak.

    Ive always used Autoglym stuff and its worked a treat....

    Hey Rich, hows it going, are you up for a meet next week, have a look in the meets forum and add a comment...

  6. ash_s3

    ash_s3 Active Member


    Thats not exactly true matey, you can get 'upper' and 'lower' strut braces, lower ones go underneath the car to stiffen the chassis, upper ones usually between the suspension turrets under the bonnet.
  7. jojo

    jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

    Anti Roll Bar(ARB) is exactly what it says, it reduces the amount of roll on your car during cornering. It's usually underneath the car connected to your suspension from left to right and tries to keep both sides of the suspension at the same level. Strut brace is a bar which connects usually at the top of your Struts under your bonnet with the intention of reducing body flex, but you can get lower strut braces also and rear turret braces.
  8. bl_1969

    bl_1969 Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!

    Cheers guys! I love this forum!

    I am in Czech Republic at the moment so hiring of a cleaner would be a huge pain, even ordering a meal is tough :crying:
    Will try that autoglym stuff in the mean time and when I get back to dear old Blighty I will go for the hire.

    About the strut brace thing, so I read a lot on the forum about the ARB's but dont think I have seen people mention the strut brace before. Is the gains in fitting them not that great?

    Next thing on my list for the :greyrs4: is suspension. Going to get it lowered slightly, but nothing too much. Then maybe uprated brakes and thats it.... I think :think:

    Cheers again for your comments.
    Much appreciated!

Share This Page