1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading to TT brakes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by kenny15, Oct 5, 2003.

1. kenny15

kenny15 Member

Just wondering is the brake calipers off a 225 TT is the same as a A3 TSport and if so did anybody know the part nos. for the bracket that hold the calipers.

cheer

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nfluester

nfluester Member

Can someone who's done this mod give a description of the improvement over standard 288MM disk on the 1.8T?

does it make a noticeable difference for the money? or is it worth saving the money for some brembo GTs

4. cpt_splash

cpt_splash New Member

Hi,
    I have a '98 A3 1.8T Sport, and just recently had the brakes upgraded by AmD. I had TT calipers and EBC grooved discs and greenstuff pads fitted. The difference is chalk and cheese. The feel from the standard brakes was a bit spongy and in a emergency did not inspire real confidence. The new set-up is sooooooo much better. Real feel in the pedal and shorter stopping distances. AmD charged £209 for the discs, £64 for the pads, £185 for the calipers plus fitting at £55 per hour. I had a chip, service and rolling road so don't know the exact labour cost, but 1 hour would be enough. I would definately recommend this mod, it feal much much better. Hope this helps. Graham

5. nfluester

nfluester Member

That's great, any ideas why they changed the Calipers as well?

I was under inpression that the calipers are the same and I only needed the Carriers and disks or can someone correct me.