Upgrading to PS4 Pro

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
hi all.

Since I couldn’t get a response in the gaming section, I thought I would post here.

I have a PS4 500GB and was looking at upgrading to the PS4 Pro 1TB.

I’ve just got an LG 4K OLED TV so I as considering the upgrade for the 4K gaming.

Has anybody done this upgrade and is it really worth it?

I’ve been offered a new PS4 Pro 1TB for £220. Good deal?

There’s a gaming section? :fearscream:

I was given a Pro last Christmas, from memory it did seem like a step up but not massive. I play a lot of battlefield and the graphics are great even on a standard PlayStation, and Tomb Raider did look good.

I mainly upgraded as my old PS was on its way out and took forever to open menus and I had outgrown the 500gb drive.

£220 does sound good considering I’ve just bought a Xbox one s for around the same price and that only does HDR gaming.

Reactions: Ghost and ScottishA4B9
I have always been a Sony fan, from day 1 till the PS3, but my son was after an Xbox, as all of his friends have one too, so we caved in and got an Xbox One S a few months ago, got a really good deal from John Lewis, 2 controllers and a couple of games for £220.

I spoke to a few of my 'Sony friends' and they all said it wasnt worth moving from the PS3 to the PS4 as my son would not notice the difference.

I have been really happy with the Xbox and the remote play and being able to play on devices around the house without blocking the tv up has its advantages too.

The deal you have been offered is good, so no harm in going for it.

Reactions: Ghost

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/video-gaming.30/

14.gif

I was given a Pro last Christmas, from memory it did seem like a step up but not massive. I play a lot of battlefield and the graphics are great even on a standard PlayStation, and Tomb Raider did look good.

I mainly upgraded as my old PS was on its way out and took forever to open menus and I had outgrown the 500gb drive.

£220 does sound good considering I’ve just bought a Xbox one s for around the same price and that only does HDR gaming.

I didn’t know either. Although I’m amazed how many sub-forums there are. Personally I think the forum would be better without a lot of them, it would make t seem busier, at the minute there are smaller forums, each with their own active threads.

Well I upgraded to the PS4 Pro. Haven’t noticed too much with it yet but then I haven’t played it much yet. I did notice how much better the motion was with GTA V. But then that could be my new OLED tv rather than the PS4 Pro. Transferring the data from my PS4 to the Pro was a nightmare though! Definitely not as straight forward as Sony advertise!!

Ive still got a PS 1 and loads of games, cant get it to work after the digital upgrade to the tv for some reason, when you plug it into the aerial socket on the telly it cant be found, used to work before, only thing thats changed is digital. I really fancy a game of space invaders !