1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading the Rear Wiper?

BroomeyS3 Apr 11, 2009

1. BroomeyS3

BroomeyS3 Member

Any Ideas on upgrading the rear wiper? I've looked at the Mk5 golf rear wiper but not that impressed with it. Any info would be a great help. Tom

2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Just use the search button mate, theres a thread covering this, think the best option is a polo rear wiper

3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

polo areo arm and wiper but I think a larger blade off the toureg or something can be fitted

4. benr

benr Member

Ive got the aero wiper and not overly impressed with it, doesnt make that much difference imo.

The Mk5 golf that i hired had an excellent rear wiper the jets seemed to be built into the wiper/blade gave really good coverage.

Not sure if this type could be fitted to the A3 though.

5. afcjay

afcjay Member

just fitted a smoothed rear wiper to mine.does clean the back end up and a easy swap :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Like the look of that, where's it from and what is it? (I know its a windscreen wiper!)

7. recomdos

recomdos Member

It's an 8P A3 rear wiper. If you want to go this route you are best off cutting a slit in joining part of the plastic that covers the nut to allow the rear wash to spray.

8. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Ah cool cheers. There's a lad at work with an 8P so I'll have a look at it tomorrow morning.

T

9. afcjay

afcjay Member

mines a Fabia rear wiper

10. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Dont take this the wrong way but that looks awful

11. afcjay

afcjay Member

each to there own mate.
    what rear wiper would you fit or do you prefer the old standard rear wiper?

12. WildBruce

WildBruce Third Gear

That looks awesome, I am really keen to get some nice flat ones on the front, any one done the front?