1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading the A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by J7-AUDIA3, Feb 12, 2008.

1. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

But will gladly ***** out £2K on a **** one fitted in the dash :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. L60N

L60N Guest

Nah, £450 :icon_thumright:

4. Twizzler

Twizzler Active Member

I had 3 TomToms of varying types before I bought the Audi. I think they are superior in almost every way. As previously stated on here the only advantage of the RNSe is convenience and the larger screen. The most lacking feature of the RNS is the touch screen. Oh, and the female voice that says 'Calculating Roo -oute' makes my toes curl!

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Exactly this was my point about it being portable. Can use it in any car i want to. If I go on holiday in Europe or the USA it has the maps already loaded in detail. I dont use my tomtom for every journey so can put up with the odd occasion that I have to have those wires running to my cigarette lighter - its not something I would class as a hardship but each entitled to our own opinions on that front I guess. Plus I dont store it in the car, that would be asking for it to be nicked! :no:

What are the maps like on the factory fit units? Do they cover all of Europe in detail? Do they have speed camera databases?

6. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

I cannot offer a comparison on the whole RNS-E vs Tom Tom argument however when it comes to resale value I'd like to add my expeirence.

When I financed my car, spec'ing metallic paint actually lowered the monthly installments even though it was a £450 option. This, I presume, is due to the fact that it will be a more attractive propostion (financialy) come resale time.

Spec'ing RNS-E did not.

Cheers
    Ron

7. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Mines hard wired in as the road angel compact use the same cable.

Regarding the maps covering Europe I think they do although not poland if you have a bmw...

8. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Reminds me of anecdote I heard/read.
    Something about a German dignatory being rude to a British one.
    When asked if he'd ever visited Germany, the British dignatory replied:

"My grandfather went to Dresden once, but he didn't stop..."

:applaus: :arco: :moa:

9. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

what about the fact the RNS-E allows you to play 8gig (SD cards) of music too or are we only talking about the sat nav alone. I have had it in my last 3 cars and have to say it has never put me a foot wrong. The advantage of having 40 cd's worth or music instead of having to use the cd multi-changer is nice too

10. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

My phone has 8gig onboard, inbuilt GPS with sat nav software and a camera

My iPod has 80gig connected through the stereo, both go with me where I go, can't fit the A3 on a plane :)