1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading sysmphany system

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Mike_R, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mike_R

Mike_R New Member

[Mar 3, 2011]
    Hi

Need some urgent help please. I have ordered a pioneer hd1bt sat nav double din. My car has the cd and tape player, so has the space for the new upgrade. I drive a a4 2006 2.0 T Fsi.

I am being charged some crazy prices for fitting part from automobilli who has contacted through this but are based up north and in derby.

If anyone can help. What I need to know is what parts I need to install the system. In specific the actual part names and id's. Halfords say I need a pc9 408 harness adaptor which is for bose stereos. I cant see bose anywhere on the system plus they want to charge 50quid for the wire.

Am sure I need pc9 401or pc9 404 harness adaptor. Also need to get a aerial adaptor and double dinn facia plate. All these items I can see on ebay but with all different models am really confused

I have found a place that will fit but I just want to make sure am not taken for a rise with these parts. 1person mentioned I need a quadlock wire , I have no idea what this is but am sure he would have just included to price

any help guys would be great
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. scowen

scowen New Member

[Mar 3, 2011]
    google VWcruise, good company and resonable prices
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 4, 2011]
    You need to check if your system is ISO or Quadlock before you order anything. Audi changed to Quadlock around 05/06 so it could be either. This just refers to the type of connectors behind the HU. Take a pic