Upgrading speakers

cppp

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend me a good set of speakers? I really dislike the standard audi sound system, really regret not adding the b&o! :gun2:

The Audi Sound System, if that's what you've got, gets better with time when the speakers settle in.

Big +1 on this- mine have bedded in perfectly now, were very rattly with heavy bass before, but now no vibration at all

Yeah mine sounded very rattly with certain songs at first, now listening to the same songs, they sound great with no rattles or bass distortion.

While they are no match for the B&O, they certainly will bed in so give it a few weeks of listening.

I have B&O in my A3. Test drove an A4 with the Audi Sound System and 5,000 miles on the clock - it sounded 90% as good as the B&O in my A3. So much so that I dropped the option from my A4 build as I felt it just wasn't worth the upgrade.

Part of that may be that the A4 cabin is much quieter than the A3. Only thing I could detect was a slight lack of mid range on the A4 - but totally acceptable considering its the standard sound system on the S-line

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I guess im just used to the sound quality coming from my Boss on my A1. I have an appointment next week to fit in a new pair of speakers from Hertz, hope they are worthed! :D

Each to their own but to me, the B&O speaker system are in a different league to the standard system. Plug your phone into the system and with the 3D sound you are immersed in a sea of sound! You can tell the difference straight away over the anorexic sound of the ***.

Glad you guys are enjoying your B&O seems like I'm the only one who has a bad one!!

Hertz speakers are good! Are you going for components or just bass speakers?

Why not take out the rear seats and put a couple of Kefs in there? Oops, saturday night alcohol kicking in already, its been a long day ;-)

Reactions: DarGri and cppp
Why not take out the rear seats and put a couple of Kefs in there? Oops, saturday night alcohol kicking in already, its been a long day ;-)

fc6444a26474e97bf19fe705246287b8.jpg

might give it a try! :rockwoot:

Reactions: cuke2u
@N3uR0 The B&O is not in a different league! They sound exactly the same at normal levels until you turn the bass up on the B&O when you start to notice the difference!

Listening to the *** at a dealership will not show you how good it is as they sound pretty tinny until the speakers bed in.

I've had the upgraded speakers before in previous cars and I love my music and I know the difference in speakers!

Don't knock the *** as its a fantastic system and the B&O is not worth the extra in my opinion unless you like listening to massively bass heavy music at extremely loud levels like a boy racer!

I had my first listen to a a4 with b&o yesterday which happens to be my car. First impression was its OK.... however turn off the surround sound and 3d sound and it sounds very good. Far better than hk in the f10 5 series