1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Headlights....Info needed

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Scotsman86, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Scotsman86

Scotsman86 New Member

[Apr 4, 2014]
    Hi all im aware this is more than likely already on forums but the internet in the middle east aint very good for searching.

Basically Im moving from UK to Germany for maybe a year which requires me to change my headlights...I have an A4 2.0 tdi with halogens but iv heard that you can upgrade to xenons and when codded in the mmi menu you can switch to continental setting which would obviously save me from buying a set for Europe and keeping a uk set and Iv got better lights for the rest of the cars life.

Any info would be great thank.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Anthony566

Anthony566 Active Member

[Apr 4, 2014]
    I am not sure about the install but I can confirm that the MMI does have an option for the headlights when driving in Europe.
  4. Scotsman86

Scotsman86 New Member

[Apr 4, 2014]
    Cheers for reply....just need to figure out what lights to buy
  5. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

[Apr 4, 2014]
    Allparts South West Ltd A4 Mk6 (B8) 2008>

You will also require a wiring adapter for them which you can buy from Kufatec.

I would just check with them about RHD/LHD if you end up buying from them. I've seen the setting in MMI too and started scratching my head a little.
  6. Scotsman86

Scotsman86 New Member

[Apr 4, 2014]
    Yeah cheers mate looks like I may need to get the auto level lights as well as I dont have headlight washers....didnt expect it to be so difficult haha
  7. dpaz

dpaz Active Member

[Apr 4, 2014]
    Auto levelling and washers are both optional. The MOT test only requires that if they are fitted that they are operating. So if you don't have them then they can't be operational. Usual bull**** MOT regulations. Just like the fact that you can fail an MOT if your spare tyre is flat but yet if you don't even have one in the first place it's not an issue.

That Motor factors I've linked to supplies them direct from Magnetti Marelli (aka Automotive Lighting) so they are the exact same part as from Audi.
  8. Scotsman86

Scotsman86 New Member

[Apr 5, 2014]
    Yeah cheers for the link mate seems to be the cheapest iv seen so far, but if that is the case and I won't fail mot then bog standard xenons and an adapter wire it will be. Thanks again
  9. Scotsman86

Scotsman86 New Member

[Apr 13, 2014]
    Im back with one more question hopefully its a simple one, basically iv bought my headlights the xenon adapter my ballasts and bulbs and figured all I needed was the headlights programmed.

Iv been reading into it a little bit and it turns out I need to replace the central controller module to one with part number ...8K0 907 063 D.

Does anyone know if this is needed as 160 is alot of money after spending 600 on the other parts.

I have a 2008 A4 B8 2.0 with halogens that makes any difference.
  10. Scotsman86

Scotsman86 New Member

[Apr 18, 2014]
    Any vag com gurus or anyone thats has done this retrofit any feedback?