1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading BOSE headunit

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Mehdi20v, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Mehdi20v

Mehdi20v New Member

[Nov 9, 2004]
    If i were to change the headunit in my BOSE S3, would i still be able to run the BOSE speakers/sub? i believ this is difficult to do? Any advice?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. tomsinclair

tomsinclair Member

[Nov 9, 2004]
    Changing the headunit is easy and can use the bose system already there with the necessary adaptors.
    Car Audio Direct have the necessary parts as others as well.
    MAY-PX712 wiring adaptor but the facia adaptors they show are not the correct ones contact them and get the ones to suit the Seat Toledo it is a complete surround one fits fine.

4. Mehdi20v

Mehdi20v New Member

[Nov 9, 2004]
    can anybody else leave feedback? Basically im not happy with the set up at all, but would like to keep it as OE as possible.
  5. Anito

Anito Member

[Nov 9, 2004]
    You can just change the HU. You will need RCA lead to connect the speaker out connections but it does work.... I should know i've done it.

Replacing the HU will improve the sound but given time (as with me) you will probably want to chnage the speakers as well.
  6. tomsinclair

tomsinclair Member

[Nov 9, 2004]
    I gave you the part No of the adaptor before to connect to the wiring system. The quality does not drop it is improved with the better head unit. The only ting you will see is the radio station display on the DIS is not there but that is all.
    I fitted my Kenwood unit in mine to replace the standard and much improved. As I said before very easy to do.
  7. dunk

dunk Member

[Nov 11, 2004]
    why not keep the bose, just add an andymac sub - it completely tranforms the a3/s3 sound system for a about £300 - and you keep the complete oem look/setup

the sub is replaces the cubbyhole sub so doesnt reduce the boot space