Upgrading a double din chorus

Pez

Reaction score
I've just bought an 09 plate A3 sportback that has a double din chorus stereo.

I've been googling for ages trying to find out my options for upgrading but most of the info seems to relate to concert or symphony units.

What I want is bluetooth (for talking, not music), ipod connectivity and possibly sat nav.

I don't have a multi-function steering wheel or driver information system, so presumably this will make things a bit less complicated.

I'm happy going with an aftermarket unit if it makes things easier. Or if I go with a rns-e unit will it be plug-and-play?

Any advice would be appreciated.

The rns-e is plug and play. Just search for retrofits and you'll find everything. I've just finished mine.

Not having a MFSW and DIS will make things MORE complicated ;)

Well I've been searching and searching and still can't find much that relates to the chorus...

A6CR - why would it make it more complicated? Do you mean for aftermarket or rns-e? Or both?

If I stick with the chorus, can I add an ipod connection to the glovebox? Or would I have to change to a concert head unit first? I'm not that fussed on having back speakers, I'm happy to stick with the two front door ones and the tweeters.

I've recently put in an double din Alpine unit (CDE-W235BT) into my A3 s-line which sorted the phone and music from my iPhone perfectly. All Bluetooth. Very pleased with it.

I've recently put in an double din Alpine unit (CDE-W235BT) into my A3 s-line which sorted the phone and music from my iPhone perfectly. All Bluetooth. Very pleased with it.
Was it easy putting in that Alpine unit? And was it replacing a chorus? Think for the difference in price I'd rather have one of those!

Unit cost 210. Shop fitted it for 30 but needed a few extra wires/connectors/adapters etc. Came to 300. I think I had the Concert - whatever is standard in the A3. Arn't all double dins the same size? Sound quality is excellent.