Upgraded to Concert II, lost HU in DIS/other query

hop2407

Reaction score
Can anyone help - I'm no techie so all help apprecaited.
I have just had fitted, a Concert II Single CD HU, removing a Gamma Tape unit and I have lost the HU display in the DIS on the dashboard (radio stations etc)
Is there anyway to get this back on ?

I also have a Nokia phone kit (6310i) to which the fitter made adjustments to mute the unit and send the sound through front speakers. Although this is good, the rear speakers stay on.
Because the fitter did it this way, I am guessing he has not used the connectors on the HU and as a result "PHONE" also does not display on DIS or HU.

I believe the HU was taken from a 2002 Audi A4 and as such CAN BUS wiring must have something to do with it.

Finally I am aware of the "powering off after 1 hour problem" (I have to switch on and off manually as removing the key does not power unit down), but the fitter said that because this HU was not meant for my car and he has not touched any other wires, he cannot do anything - Is this true.

If a technical answer is provided, I guess I can go back to fitters and he will understand and possibly correct.
I hope upgrading to this new unit will not harm or damage it or any other technical components.

Many Thanks - look forward to reading all replies

You can get some CAN bus units working with 3 Line bus dispalys. I need to see a photo of the electrical connectors before I can say it's definately possible.

I upgraded my last car to a Symphony and got DIS working, however there is little you can do to get around the power situation (short of building an interface).