Upgraded my rear lights :) Easy Peasy!

TimWills28

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vs150824 005

Got these from a good man breaking his 12 plated sportback!

Fitted to my 05 without the kuftec loom :)

will be the next mod after hybrid turbo and clutch lol makes the car look a lot newer, already got the gloss black B pillars this would complete the look.

You're wiring frightens me, i prefer to solder.
Have you found you can have the fog light as a brake light yet?

I did solder afterwards as I couldn't till I got to my cousins garage. I bought a battery operated solder but it wouldn't get warm enough...It's up to everyone how they wish to connect, main thing from the video is the wiring diagram really :)

Fog as a brake light? But bright ain't it? How lol?

Yeah dead easy to follow no need for the kufatec looms.
Fog is 21 w just like a brake light is 21w ;)
In the coding somewhere, must be near where you were for the code altering for these.

I'm going to be using this video when I come to do mine. Would be good to put it in the faqs so it's easier to find.

Copy and paste the link to this thread in to the faqs. I'll try and do it when I get to my computer. Ain't got a clue how to do it on tapatalk

Looks good! How much you get em for?

Think around £100 for pair, geezer was breaking his car and wanted rid asap. Slight crack on side of one of them but not affecting use or big enough to let water in. Think he used a screwdriver to pry it loose and cracked it and stopped lol

£100's **** all really. Transforms/updates the whole back end.

I've got my lights just waiting on the looms because I don't want it all to be neat.

I've got my lights just waiting on the looms because I don't want it all to be neat.

Sweet! I would have got the looms but i couldn't wait and have never order parts from abroad lol I was way too excited! Post up some pics of before an after!

Funnily enough I get to work and here they are. All Audi parts used. They came from Germany and weren't badly priced too. The ones in the UK were charging ridiculous amounts for what they are. I'm going to do it tomorrow day. I'll use this guide and upload a pic.

Does anyone know how early these led style lights came on sport backs from factory, I've literally just switched to an 08 A3 SB from an 07 3dr and the sportback has these LED rears.. Thought they came from later cars to be honest - would these have been added do we know??

Yes 58 plates onwards. With face lifted front bumper and white interior lcd displays/speedos instead of red lcd illumination

Fitted mine using the video. Now if I can do it and not have any problems anyone can.

LED bulbs? Nah the would cause error...is it possible to have rear canbus error free brand and reverse bulbs?

Sorry not LED Bulbs, I was just using the term LED and bulbs as loose term for the lighting units, that make light.

Did you put LEDs in your reverse lights when you retro fitted your rear lights?

Can somebody please help, I fitted the lights but am having a problem.

I bought the Kufatec adapters and also the Kufatec coding dongle. The install went well and soldered the wires from the numberplate. Sadly though I didn't have the instructions to the Kufatec coding dongle and didn't realise they are a one shot use, I plugged it in, then switched the car on. I didn't realise there was a light to show what was going on. I'll have to check to see if its locked.

I also tried to look for a left and right cable for the inner and outer adapters. Where would I find the left and right, I believe its in German, can somebody please tell me which letter or word I'm looking for and where it is.

I guess I need to swap the adapters around? Both inner and outers? Also if the coding dongle is a one shot, I'll need a coding by somebody in West Central London. Anybody around?

Im getting:

1) Turn ignition on
2) 2-secs later Bulb displayed in DIS then the following messages at 2-sec intervals
3) LEFT REVERSING LIGHT
4) RIGHT REVERSING LIGHT
5) LEFT REAR LIGHT
6) RIGHT REAR LIGHT
7) REAR LEFT TURN SIGNAL
8) REAR RIGHT TRUN SIGNAL

Then the Bulb symbol comes back into the DIS

If I turn the lights on, there is after 2-secs, the bulbs light for a second or so then go off.
Front lights work perfect, as do front indicators and side repeaters, but no rear indictators.

Thanks for all the info guys, really happy with the lights and would not have been able to either get the confidence to do this or get the info needed if it wasn't for this site.

It certainly does make a difference, like having a new car from the rear! I've got some error free LED rear brake lights and some more on order. LED number plates too. So Im going to experiment with these before I close up all boot interiors. I'm 2/3rds of the way doing the internal LED lights, just waiting for more parts. These are great too, nice bright white interiors. I've got LED sidelights too. I fitted the K&N Air filter and did the Forge diverter valve install a while back.

Im happy with the leather interior and so Im sorted inside. I am thinking about working on the front now. What is the best-and-not-sheet-error-free-plug-and-play lighting solution for a 2007 A3 sportback? Thinking about the fog lights but don't know if I want to do all that cutting and rewiring.

Im open to any suggestions of future mods.