1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to New S3 System

JamS3 Mar 27, 2007

1. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Was thinking about upgrading the system to my new S3 as I didn't spec BOSE as my car was a cancelled order.

I have the RNS-E satnav which I obviously want to keep as the headunit and am wanting a bit beefier bass than I have with the standard system. I don't want to play my music ear splittingly loud I would like someting like/better than the BOSE which gives a nice deep bass sound at low volume.

What options do I have?

I went to one audio dealer who said they could do something but another said they could not as the Audi systems were a pain in the ar*e to do??

I would like to keep all boot space I have if possible.

Cheers

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Easiest & best single upgrade would be one of my stealth subs. The custom made 18mm MDF enclosure replaces the existing tupperware box, housing a JL Audio 6.5" sub and is powered by a separate amp hidden behind the rear speaker panel, so totally stealth. The enclosure & sub together weighs 7Kg's.
    The result is clean punchy bass (much better than the muffled rumblings of the Bose sub). I provide an adapter which simply plugs into the existing Audi sub loom and provides the feed for the amp. So the only additional cabling needed is a decent power cable from the battery.
    [​IMG]
    PM me if you need more info or pricing.