Upgrade power locking system

97AUDIA418TQ

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 97 A4. The alarm and power locking system is standard, however the keyless entry is not and did not come with the car. I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the locking system to a 1998+ version that would allow remote keyless entry (with the switchblade remotes too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)...

Does anyone know if this is possible. Aprox. costs? More specifically, which parts would i need to replace/add?

Thanks,

Justin

I think you're better off getting a CAT 1 alarm fitted, which will provide the keyless entry and a better alarm & immobiliser (reduced insurance), but no flip keys, for half the cost of an Audi upgrade. I got a full closure Sigma CAT 1 system fitted to my 97 A4 2.8Q, and it was £200 fitted, and it uses channel hopping, so it can't be scanned (don't know if the Audi one has this). You can also have it set so that it locks itself if the keys are not in the ignition for longer than 2 minutes, and the doors are shut. Handy if you can't remember whether you locked the car or not.