1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade/mod

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stuhow3361, Mar 19, 2011.

1. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

looking to fit a tailgate spoiler to my avant,is it worth loking at any on e-bay or just buy oem?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran
    Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Audi Sport Owner Group TDi

Oem every time, i got mine from vagparts when they were around, the dealer price in 2007 was £153.19 with a part number of 8E9 071 640 K 9AX you will also need the fixing kit which is basicaly a cleaner and glue with a part number of 000 071 785

4. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

thanks for the info.does the spoiler then fit around the high level brake light?

5. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran

Yes you can still see the brake light, if you want some pics pm me your email addy and i'll foward you some.

6. fourcircle

would you mind posting a good pic in this thread mate? I've wondered about rear spoilers recently
    cheers
    nj

7. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran

Hi, i have put some before and after pics up, hope this is of some help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. fourcircle

great, thanks. I must ponder this now and then fabricate a valid reason should I have to explain to my missus why i've bought one :)

9. S3 TRS

S3 TRS Active Member

you can always say that a crack or something appeared on the part that is covered by the new spoiler so to stop water getting in you just had to get a new one. otherwise you need a whole new tailgate! worth a shot lol

10. fourcircle

that's not far off the reasoning last year when I bought an s-line front valance, s-line door mouldings and a new rear valance. I got a standard rear from QuattroJames at the time instead of splashing out on an s-line one and wish now i'd just gone the whole hog. the front valance was genuinely broken and the rear had a big notch out of it for the tow ball so I had a bit of valid reasoning. not so sure I'll get away with it 2 years running (unless I accidentally reverse into a moose!!! genius!!)

11. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Yeah steer clear of ebay, especially garyf1971, guy sells **** & honours nothing, oem everytime.

12. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Nice work Matt! I don't miss many threads in here, but this one totally passed me by!