1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Engine Mounts

J7USS Aug 26, 2008

1. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Im looking for some new Engine mounts as I dont think mine have ever been changed and for some reason feels like they have got weaker!

Anyone point me in the right direction?

:thumbsup:

2. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Mike @ Impossible Performance did the ones on my Octavia vRS. I found they transmitted A LOT more noise through the cabin and centre colsole / gearbox area of the car. However it did get rid of a lot of the 'nose dive' of the car.

I can't remember what brand they are, perhaps give him a call. They might have been the Vibratech ones but it was 2 years ago now.

Andy

3. steve_malton

steve_malton Member

I know that APR do an uprated snub mount, if thats of any use?

4. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Am I right there is 3 mounts in total??

Did they cost more than say buying OEM???

5. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

OEM ones were fairly soft so got a fair bit of engine movement with 230bhp front wheel drive Octy. So changing all of them really did help. If I remember rightly the mounts were not expensive the labour doubled the cost to fit them. If I remember rightly I think I paid about £100ish for all three mounts plus some fitting but as I said it was 2 years ago.

Check with someone like Sarah @ Awsome, she might be able to help more as well...

Andy