Upgrade Bose system

Palmer81

Reaction score
I have factory fitted Bose system but I'm considering upgrading it. I have read so many different things, like the system filters out bass at higher volume etc.

Has anyone upgraded to an after market system including amp and sub? Of so what's out there?

Any advice welcome

Does the Bose setup have a Bose amp as well as the speakers and sub because I don't think my car has Bose and I would like to add it if possible

Does the Bose setup have a Bose amp as well as the speakers and sub

Yes, Bose is different speakers and a different amp, plus all the speakers are fed from the amp instead of only the rear speakers.

On this note - BOSE - ( i was told) was B.ang & O.lfsen S.ound E.ntertainment,

Can anyone else confirm the BOSE in bang and olfsen?

Is it a straight forward swap over or a bit more technical than I think?

Is it a straight forward swap over or a bit more technical than I think?
Bit more technical - you would have to run wires from the dashboard to the amp (in the boot) for the front line level signals, and wires back again for the speakers.

The connector on the amplifier is different, and the Bose speakers are 2ohms not 4ohms.

Not many people do this swap because it can be quite expensive and the wiring can be a PITA.

Have the normal audio setups got an amp in the boot too and a sub or do they work straight off the head unit? Sorry about all the questions but I'm new to Audi lol

if u have any problems wiring it up then leave me a message and i will show you how to do it.its pretty straightforward

Have the normal audio setups got an amp in the boot too and a sub or do they work straight off the head unit? Sorry about all the questions but I'm new to Audi lol

the standard set up is rear amplified the front speakers run off the head unit, theres an amp in the boot behind the carpet and the sub is under the parcel shelf (saloon)