Upgrade basic sat nav to Navigation Plus?

Dan Yeates

Audi S4 B5 Avant
Reaction score
Hi

I have a B5 S4, 1999 facelift, it currently has the BOSE symphony head unit and the basic sat nav which works using the controls on the centre console by the handbrake and displays on the small screen in between the clocks.

Can I upgrade this to the Navigation Plus system. I have seen a screen on eBay for about £500-600 and debating whether or not it's going to be worth it! Is it possible though? Obviously the GPS receiver and DVD drive in the boot are both present.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

while having it all integrated might be nice, i have to think that £500-600 would buy you a very nice brand new satnav with all sorts of shineys that a 8-9 year old audi system isnt going to have... Not to mention being easier to update and suchlike

having said that, i wonder if you could install the RNS-E system thats fitted to the newer A4's? That might do the job...

It can be done but you need a few cables and adapters iirc,also a double din centre console and aircon unit. PM S8craig, he used to fit them for a living,not sure if he still does but he deffo the man to speak to