Updating SD Card based Sat Nav (RMC / A7)

mehtaman

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 2011 Sat Nav map is really starting to show its age, it struggles to find newer locations around London and further afield.

An Audi dealership quoted me around £280 to update the Sat Nav.

Could someone please let me know the part number of the SD card so I can setup an alert on Gumtree/eBay to let me know if any are for sale.

I believe I have a RMC / LOW II system in my A7.

Thank you!

You will still need to get it activated, you cannot just stick in an updated SD card with new maps.

Either find someone that can do the update and hack the license for you and risk bricking your MMI or bite the bullet and pay what Audi want to get a 2016 map.

Reactions: Darren92
Agree that Audi keep an element of control on this process and I do not mind getting the card activated but I would like to know what the part number for the card is so I can try to source it cheaper than Audi :)

Maybe I'm only looking at it from the point of view of an HDD based nav where we only get the license and the SD media is held by Audi.

I don't know how Audi would feel about activating a nav system not sourced through them. I'm guessing the license key is part of the media with the SD based cards. But you would still have to pay for activation and at current Audi rates it might be your best option to get a bundled package.