Unstable A4

Tom151277

Reaction score
Any help before i get rid. Although i love my A4 it is not a pleasure to drive. I had suspension checked before going out and spending over £300 on 4 new yokohoma tyres but the car still feels unstable at motorway speeds. Although i have had 4 wheel alignment done and suspension checked and 4 new tyres it still seems to wonder. Any help please

Going to get garage to check those as i've spent so much on the car i don't really want to get rid

Check the ARB drop links and bushes along with what's been said above, inner and outer track rods.

I had a loose bolt on one of my drop links 6 months after replacing all my front suspension. The car felt awful to drive, no feedback through the steering wheel and every bump I hit would pull the car left to right. Tightened the bolt on the drop link and its back to its normal self.

Thanks for the replys. Will book it in with garage again this week

I was nearly for selling up my car as I had similar problem with you. So far I've replaced front lower control arms, all 4 shocks, 4 tyres, 4 wheel alignment, and it got a full service. Spent near £1k so it makes no financial sense to get rid now haha. Just as well it's cured and I love it again!

I have had my 2003 A4 1.8t sport for nearly 2 years and seem to be always spending money on it, although some things are added extras like the rs6 alloys and the revo stage 1 remap. I would lose alot of money by selling it.

Are you running standard wheels or aftermarket ones ?

Aftermarket wheels but good quality. It was the same with original wheels too.

is the offset the same as original if not you get what they call tramlining , i have a vectra on aftermarket 19,s and it does the same because offset is different.